• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the name for this?

OkRad

μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην
V.I.P Member
What is the name for it if you repeat the last words youheard, but only in your head? I have the trouble of the last things I hear getting stuck in there, but I don't repeat it out loud. I know there is term if you repeat it out loud (echoloia or something?) but this is where you don't say it, it's just there going ON AND ON AND ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its only echolalia if your brain has recorded and made you repeat something that someone else has said.

its palilalia if it is something you have said and your brain records it and you repeat it.

however with both echolalia and palilalia they arent in your head,they are verbally spoken.

if your head is constantly repeating things,id label that as intrusive thoughts.
i have significant echolalia,palilalia and definitely a ton of intrusive thinking.

Echolalia if the closest thing to describe it if I understood what you're saying; repeating the last words in your mind that someone else said. Echolalia is vocalising the last words someone said. From what I've read there is no mention of echolalia including repeating words in your head, nor is is it included in the wider echophenomenon. It should be though because other people out there also have this same thing. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was included in echolalia but the sources saying this are quite obscure.

Interesting. I do have palilalia and so does my brother. He will just start to say words like "Bank" for no reason at all. The other is like a magnet I have in my brain . Could be those mirror neurons on overdrive. I hear music and it's in there forever. Not even OCD. Like a sticky piece of tape that won't let go.

New Threads

Top Bottom