• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the most mundane obsession you have right now

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
My one is getting up at 6 am each morning and I now recognise it as an obsession, because I actually hold my phone in my hand waiting for 6.00 to arrive and jump out of bed and must be downstairs by 6.01, so I guess a bit of ocd as well.

It did not start out as an obsession; it just developed into one and because I am fearful of suddenly falling asleep again and missing that time, I have set my alarm clock, to make sure I get up at that time.

This only started somewhere between 2 and 3 week's ago.

Keeping my daily routines on a regimented schedule.
Such as breakfast at the same time, sleeping at the same time, Tv same time of day,
personal care at a certain time, PC same hours.

Can't always be done as other things in the world must be acommodated.
OCD also.

I have to spray perfume and put on hand cream before i start studying. I think its bc it reminds me of when i used to work and one of my coworkers used to spray perfume a lot while she is working.

I'm quite obsessed with my Fitbit I suppose. I like to type in all my food and sometimes I stay up late to fit it in so that I don't go in to the Red Zone. But other days I just forget, so maybe I m not obsessed. It's great when I walk a long way I get masses of calories. But still it's challenging to have as much chocolate as I would like.

When I get up in the morning I have an order of how I do things and I don't like deviating from it or leaving out something. I get up, consolidate the leftover coals in the fireplace for a fire later, let the dogs outside, check on the chickens, unload the dishwasher, and then make myself breakfast.

I don't worry about the time, but I do tend to follow a pattern. Come home from work, change my clothes, do a crossword puzzle while I have a coffee and a cookie...

I wouldn't call this an obsession, but I have become very interested in one of my baby niece's toys (kept here for when she visits). It's ball-shaped and has got springy bits and spinny bits and is just great for stimming.

New Threads

Top Bottom