• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is The Best Movie About Asperger's Syndrome?

My bid will have to be "Temple Grandin"
I am particularly fond of this movie because we share the same thought process.
I will got a returned call from her recently and we will meet in August.

Well . . . it depends on what type of film you want to see, Elsbett. For example, if you're interested in an Aspie romance, watch Mozart and the Whale.

Well . . . it depends on what type of film you want to see, Elsbett. For example, if you're interested in an Aspie romance, watch Mozart and the Whale.

Any movie faithfully portraying AS. I tried a few and "Mozart and the Whale" was one of them, but I wanted to have the opinion of Aspies on this.

Well, I thought it was a great film. Obviously Donald and Isabelle and their friends only represent a part of what living with autism can be like, but the film provided a peek at day-to-day life for many of us (the social awkwardness, the ingrained habits, and sensitivity to loud noises or bright lights).

I remember watching Mozart and the Whale and though that it was pretty good actually. Donald reminded me of myself when I was still in grade school and how I would always start talking about the Titanic like what he did with numbers :D

There's one movie about an Autistic boy named Simon, who calls a secret number from some crypto-puzzle in those puzzle magazines and so the corrupted FBI agents behind the number try to hunt him down and Bruce Willis (Reprising his role as John McClane, super cop) has to protect Simon. He eventually begins to understand Simon ..

There's one movie about an Autistic boy named Simon, who calls a secret number from some crypto-puzzle in those puzzle magazines and so the corrupted FBI agents behind the number try to hunt him down and Bruce Willis (Reprising his role as John McClane, super cop) has to protect Simon. He eventually begins to understand Simon ..
That was a great movie

I remember watching Mozart and the Whale and though that it was pretty good actually. Donald reminded me of myself when I was still in grade school and how I would always start talking about the Titanic like what he did with numbers :D

That movie is "Mercury Rising."

Well, I thought it was a great film. Obviously Donald and Isabelle and their friends only represent a part of what living with autism can be like, but the film provided a peek at day-to-day life for many of us (the social awkwardness, the ingrained habits, and sensitivity to loud noises or bright lights).
I have a habit of going on and on about mechanical events,particularly automotive applications involved in racing and display many other traits as the actors in the movie did...very close to proper...good recommend

Mary and Max is one of the best I've seen. Also, if you're into action there's a Thai film called Chocolate about an autistic woman who masters martial arts and beats up gangsters.

Mary and Max is one of the best I've seen. Also, if you're into action there's a Thai film called Chocolate about an autistic woman who masters martial arts and beats up gangsters.
Great choices! Both movies were awesome. I really enjoyed Mary and Max, and I watched Chocolate twice in a row. LOL

I like Mozart and the whale but the only parts I really like of it are two:
♡ where Isabelle shows up at Donald's door and she whistles;
♡ when Donald's boss comes over for dinner.

I really like those parts!

New Threads

Top Bottom