1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is it with Aspies and Politics?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by HermanHesse, Dec 17, 2016.

1. HermanHesse

HermanHesse Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I notice that on Asperger websites people either focus on victimization and are generally quite left (they seem to have something in common with social justice warrior types) or they are libertarian. May I ask why the divergence?

2. Mr Allen

Mr Allen Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

If I had the time and energy I'd apply to become a local Councillor, to fight for Aspie's rights and disabled rights in general, particularly in the workplace.

But sadly even if I could put my name down, I doubt anyone would vote for me, I don't have any Political acumen.

3. ksheehan88

ksheehan88 :)

Politics goes right over my head so no worries from me over it lol.

I agree though, the political debating that goes on here is crazy... People seem to be totally one way or the other... but that's no different from anyone else though I guess... If politics interests you, you're usually left or right completely

• Like Like x 1
  4. qwerty

qwerty Sight seeing on the planet of the apes

I have often seen political ranting used as an excuse to browbeat people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

When I see people talking about 'politics'
    I think, here are some people talking but
    not doing.

• Like Like x 3
  6. toothless

toothless this is mr shadow,my support cat

my dad is aspie and hes obsessed with politics and the news.
    i dont understand politics so when i hear him and one of my support staff talking politics i switch off in my own world,but i read easy read material to help me understand when it comes to voting time as i like to make sure we help to get the party with the least amount of bulls**t in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Southern Discomfort

Southern Discomfort Smarter than the Average Bear V.I.P Member

What the hell does your political views matter? You've not going to listen to anyone different, I'm not going to listen to anyone different. We're both going to get angry over it and it doesn't do anything. We're not going to influence politics by having arguments about it over the internet. There's no point in any of it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Clintos

Clintos Well-Known Member

My politics are mostly right, but I do like a lot of the lefts argument too. i'm mostly center right if that makes sense. Funny thing is that I have never voted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to believe that much any highly polarized subjects present challenges for many on or off the spectrum who either have highly passionate views, concern for social justice, or simply have a propensity to argue.

Worse perhaps if it involves all of the above. Be it politics, religion, how to make an omelette or even your golf swing. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

I believe in small. Government. Here in the U.S. our government screws up everything they put there hands on. Like health care. My insurance went from $200 a month to $1000 since the "affordable Care act" was passed. And people wonder how Trump got elected.

But yeah, I would say politics is one of my obsessions. I listen to all of the conservative talk shows.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HermanHesse

HermanHesse Well-Known Member

Why are people on Facebook so dumb when it comes to politics? It's like facts and ideas don't matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1