• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What if Jedi really existed here on Earth...

AGXStarseed

A bit of a brainstorming discussion here; just say how you think the world would react to such a thing - taking into account that the Jedi would have working lightsabers and psychic abilities mimicking force powers (since "The Force" is often an umbrella term for various psychic powers such as telepathy, telekinesis and hypnosis among others) but would not have star-ships or other advanced technology.
The idea of 'real-life' Jedi is not a new one - having been discussed briefly on various forums - and was even the subject of a Star Wars fan film called "Three in the Afternoon", when three friends unexpectedly gain working lightsabers. (The film later had a sequel called "Six in the Morning")

There's two ways of looking at it - in terms of scenarios:
---
The first scenario is life is normal (or at least as normal as possible from your perspective), when there is a news article or articles of 'Real-life Jedi' after some kind of event(s) - such as say one or a group of 'Jedi' revealed themselves by doing something heroic/stopping a crime/etc.

The second scenario is that the Jedi are already known about and established (especially since Jediism is actually a recognized religion and even has its own website).
How do you think they would function in the real world and how do you think the world would look upon them?

Last edited:
Wow! All well and good until one of these gets a big head, & you just put 2 and 2 together!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Light sabers, daggers and any other laser blades would be banned by every government almost immediately...

It would be the best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course the first thing i would have to do is challenge StephF to a duel cause she's a baddy.:p

Then i would go smack around Yoda n Samuel Jackson for being such arrogant and useless force police, i mean seriously those guys didn't even know Palpatine was a baddy, they just sit on their little jedi chairs practicing looking all wise n **** and what? they think it's just good luck that somebody made them a giant super secret stormtrooper army just in the nick of time, bahhh ima gona lightsabre me some common sense into em, and give *grumble* George Lucas a whack for episode 1-3 and for the idea that some bloody cutesy care bears could overpower a full, highly trained veteran battalion of stormtroopers with armoured support on Endor grrrrrrrrrr stoopid Ewoks.....gona make me a nice furry jacket, boots n rug is what ima gona do grumbling grumble, and why the elaborate Han Solo rescue, i mean Luke was a fckn jedi master, he coulda just walked up ripped Jabba's palace apart lightsabred everywhere n said don't **** with me mate but noooo he hides his lightsabre in fckn r2d2s head and ****s about flippin all over the place instead grumble, worst rescue ever grumble:mad:

Then i would wander about getting into adventures like Caine from kung fu.

Or the Jedi would have to work for the government and would likely be deployed as backup for police and/or armed forces.

The earth already had them a long time ago. Daggers, but no light sabers. No thanks.

Last edited:
The Schutzstaffel? Great analogy for the Dark side, but there always 2 Sith. Must have been Hitler and Stalin.
Who needs Jedi when we have Seal Team 6?:)

The Schutzstaffel? Great analogy for the Dark side, but there always 2 Sith. Must have been Hitler and Stalin.
Who needs Jedi when we have Seal Team 6?:)

The Seals are strictly an arm of the US Navy and Dept. of Defense. An elite combat unit. They don't serve in a capacity for domestic police matters. That would require an act of Congress to approve.

The SS on the other hand, served in any capacity requested by Reinhard Heydrich, Ernst Kaltenbrunner, Heinrich Himmler or Adolf Hitler.

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing the Jedi involved in mere domestic police matters. I was under the impression that they were the 'special forces' of the Old Republic.

I don't recall seeing the Jedi involved in mere domestic police matters. I was under the impression that they were the 'special forces' of the Old Republic.

Police duties. Protecting the senator and doing investigation. Wasn't that exactly what Obi-Wan and Annakin Skywalker were doing in "Attack of the Clones" ? But yes, in general they had a rather broad scope of protecting the Republic in the next episode. I just don't see the US having any such equivalent in terms of scope, let alone referring to any of them as "knights".

But as "elitist teutonic knights"...the SS would have probably been the best modern-day analogy. Hell, they even had their own castle (Wewelsburg) and rituals. Probably as close to actual knights as you can get other than to refer to the crusades of the middle ages.

Last edited:
There may not be a perfect real life equivalent of Jedi, but when comparing apples and oranges let's not forget that they do share some similarities as both are fruits and both grow on trees. Jedi and the Seals are both elite groups that are assigned to missions that ordinary soldiers and police are not well suited to, and they are both few in number. That is the basis of my analogy.

New Threads

Top Bottom