• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food or sauces do you really hate, but many love?

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I hate tomato ketchup and sweet peppers.

The smell and colour of tomato ketchup is just so replusive to me and hate the taste of sweet peppers.

I'm just not a tomato person in general

I never use ketchup (ie. on fries, other food, etc...), at a restaurant I would rather pay a little extra for the gravy, then usually dump all the gravy onto the fries, or sometimes dips the individual fries into the cup of gravy

And in general I've never been much into tomatos, especially where the flavour is the dominant flavour

But I do eat other veggies and fruit, just have a weird thing with tomatos

I hate the texture of peppers and the texture of cooked tomatoes. I also hate onions.

Hamburgers. Of any sort.

No, it's not a "wont eat meat" thing. I mean if you wave a can of tuna at me, I'll do pretty much anything you want. But hamburger? Bleh.

Hate tarragon,proper coffee it's too strong ,always liked tomato ,parsnips can't stand them ,tomato sauce depends on my ibs , can't eat prawn cocktail crisps anymore.

Prawn, shrimp, oyster, crab, lobster.
The sight of it triggers a gag reflex.

Red onion does odd things to my sinus, ears and throat. Resulting in headache ???
white/brown onion, shallots, spring onion, pickled onion, dehydrated onion, chives... most of the onion family, no problem.
Just the red.

Cilantro. I can’t stand the stuff. I’ll literally sit and pick it out of my food if it’s in a dish that’s served to me. It tastes like soap to me. Don’t like tarragon either.

I don’t like miracle whip or bologna. Other than those things, I’m not really picky- probably stems from my upbringing of having to eat what my mother fixed and if I didn’t like whatever it was, that was too bad because she wouldn’t fix me something else to eat.

If anyone tries to put the following in my mouth, I'll kill you:

• Onions
  • Lettuce
  • Most popsicles
  • Mayonaise
  • Beans
  • Gravy
  • Any sandwich that's not from Subway. Even if it's somewhat similiar.

I hate tomato ketchup and sweet peppers.

The smell and colour of tomato ketchup is just so replusive to me and hate the taste of sweet peppers.
Avocados. I eat anything with avocados and my stomach says "Nope!!" and sends it back up. Eggplant. I am allergic to nicotine, and eggplant has a lot, makes me ill. Any kind of mollusc (clam, oyster, squid, octopus, snail), again due to allergy. Even the smell makes me ill. Asparagus. Just can't eat it. Coconut. Just don't like it.

I dont understand why so many people like shrimp. I fried it, butter, no butter, deep fried, light, with garlic, without, I tried to make a shrimp soup, it was the most delicious food I've had but when i got to the shrimp in it, it completely changed. Horrifying taste - shudder-

Fun question! Had to really think.

Rubbery foods...chitterlings, rubbery or cartilage parts of a drumstick, gristle in steak or meat, stuff like that.

DUNKING foods in liquid like donuts, cookies, etc... UH! Soggy liquid soaked nasty! Most ppl seem to love it.

A few foods should never touch like gravy running into corn. Nope! Must build mash potato wall.

I dont understand why so many people like shrimp. I fried it, butter, no butter, deep fried, light, with garlic, without, I tried to make a shrimp soup, it was the most delicious food I've had but when i got to the shrimp in it, it completely changed. Horrifying taste - shudder-

Did the shrimpy taste or smell in the soup bother you? Wonder if it's the rubbery texture. Love shrimp, but not if overcooked. Seems you've tried everything tho!

Did the shrimpy taste or smell in the soup bother you? Wonder if it's the rubbery texture. Love shrimp, but not if overcooked. Seems you've tried everything tho!
I don't have texture issues, the weirder, the more fun.
The taste is gross, like raw lard that is mixed with old eggs and slimy things, exactly like id imagine worms taste like. Biting into it wasn't fun though the taste really mattered. I wouldn't have thought they would be like that.
The smell of them boiling was terrible, but boiling chicken is similar and boiled chicken meat is gross tasting too.

Btw i never expected some yellow seashells to taste so good and octopus to taste like fish

Last edited:
Omigod BRUSSEL SPROUTS I almost forgot about that.

There is a rule in this house, wherein I am to be warned 30 minutes in advance of a Brussel Cooking Event, giving me enough time to vacate the house entirely, thus avoiding tragedy.

....No seriously, I actually do that. I cant be anywhere in the house when those are present. I find the stench to be THAT bad.

mm probably that cheese sauce you get on big macs - I'm pretty food tolerant, just mango texture creeps me out. Crustacean is a weird texture but I can manage a few prawns these days, never used to be able to eat them.

I don't care for shellfish / crustaceans. Aren't they just big bugs that live in the ocean? What's the difference between a crab (especially a king crab) and a spider? Also goat cheese - that's the quickest way to get me to vomit.

New Threads

Top Bottom