• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What does this mean?

Lemon Zing

One day recently, I was standing at a bus stop with my mother, as we were going to go shopping. I commented on the diggers across the street, with the workmen messing up the land. A guy heard us talking and said, "At least the sun is shining".

Did he think I was moaning over nothing? :D

Possibly not moaning, he may also think it's not a nice site to see men digging up the land etc. But his comment is to show that at least there's a positive.

Ed

I think he was agreeing with you and offering an "on the bright side" comment as sort of a joke. Like if you were having to change a flat tire and someone said, "at least it's not raining".

He may have been on his own brink of disaster. Maybe he was very depressed and trying to see the positive and was having a bit of a good day and wanted to share it with you. It is generally bad form to insert yourself into others' conversations, so it would make me annoyed if someone did that to me, but on the other hand, I have done it when my brain was feeling all array and I could not stand being alone with my thoughts .I've way learned to control that, but I can see both sides. He probably had his own issues. People who are really ok in their own thoughts and life almost never feel the need to insert themselves into other conversation. I could be wrong, so let me know if this rings true or not?

I had to read again, but realised I do the same thing. When it is winter and someone says: it is so cold, I say: yes, but isn't it supposed to be cold? It is winter after all. Now, my husband feels vexed when I say this, but when I did to another chap, he laughed and said that I had a point.

It is seeing a positive within a negative, comment and I do the same thing. I guess, because my head is constantly wanting to be negative, so I try to find a positive in a situation that is not a directly concerning me. Wow, that sounds selfish lol

Yes. l sold table real estate at a busy popular restaurant chain in a previous job . l would comment you have this great window view at this table. One time the guest chimed in- yes- it overlooks the parking lot next to the mortuary next to the trailer home park. But being that we had JUST survived Irma, l mentioned that at least the trailer park was still there. Of course that shut him up pretty fast.

He was looking on the bright side of things and expressing that in reference to your comment on the workers screwing up, though I think he was a bit sarcastic there.

I think he was agreeing with you and offering an "on the bright side" comment as sort of a joke. Like if you were having to change a flat tire and someone said, "at least it's not raining".
Last winter I was putting air in a tire at a gas station and the air machine was close to the road.
There was a big puddle next to where I was doing my thing and a Fed-Ex truck came by and hit the puddle and soaked me.
I guess at least it wasn't a flat tire just low air pressure LOL

Not used to strangers commenting on my comments. Don't know the tone he used with his comment. He was either being sarcastic or optimistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom