• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What does it personally feel like to be uncomfortable?

SimplyWandering

For me,

Uncomfortably is feeling things are just not right and it’s hard to explain. I can just be sitting around worrying about the people I will have to interact with that day or the things piling up on my to do list.

Yes it's pretty much like this for me too, if I feel uncomfortable. I suppose it's caused by worries or things I'm not confident about, or difficult things like an interview or other challenges. I usually try to get some exercise like walking or swimming, this distracts me and also lifts my mood, plus gives me time to have a think, and I may come up with useful ideas about whatever is challenging...

At the top of such a list, much of anything that can instantly evoke a "fight or flight response". Though agreed, lesser considerations can still cause me to ruminate about things, which is also usually anything but pleasant.

Emotionally uncomfortable is a feeling of uncertainty about something or someone.
Usually from being with someone I do not like their attitude or speech.
Also being in new and different places, driving, crowds and talking with people I just don't
find enjoyable. On edge with. Change in plans too.

Physical uncomfortable is anything that doesn't physically feel good.
Like my stomach ache I have right now from eating something too sweet.
Tum, Tum, Tum, Tum, TUM!

New Threads

Top Bottom