• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think?

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
l really like this person. They are kinda like me personality-wise. I have a hard time making personal commitments to some extent. Apparently there is a word for it in the dsm. It would explain why they were upset when l pointed out how long we had seen each other. Didn't know that this would be upsetting. I feel upset with myself. Do you have any experiences like this?

I believe the term is schizotypal. It was interesting to read that trauma from childhood can lead to this. Myself, l have some issues and push people away when it feels to close for comfort.

For me, l describe myself as a loner to some extent. l do make connections but l limit my inner circle to zero maybe one person in my lifetime. My outer circle morphs around to some extent. I thought it was a spectrum issue maybe it's a combo? Solitude is enjoyable, l don't understand people who complain about it.

Last edited:
l really like this person. They are kinda like me personality-wise. I have a hard time making personal commitments to some extent. Apparently there is a word for it in the dsm. It would explain why they were upset when l pointed out how long we had seen each other. Didn't know that this would be upsetting. I feel upset with myself. Do you have any experiences like this?
This was somewhat inscrutable to me. Could you give specifics so I can imagine what was really said and done?

I believe the term is schizotypal. It was interesting to read that trauma from childhood can lead to this. Myself, l have some issues and push people away when it feels to close for comfort.

For me, l describe myself as a loner to some extent. l do make connections but l limit my inner circle to zero maybe one person in my lifetime. My outer circle morphs around to some extent. I thought it was a spectrum issue maybe it's a combo? Solitude is enjoyable, l don't understand people who complain about it.
To be honest the closest I’ve got is the cat !when the cat cries and keeps on crying I get really panicky .All I remember is the word fear of commitment ,seen a lot in American movies, from what I know most fears go back to the root which is fear of death. i’m now hyperventilating so can’t think anymore.

I actually have Schizotypal officially diagnosed along with aspergers and adhd.
Very talented for a wolf.:p

Wolf den must have a lot of awards and certificates. l must have overthought everything as usual. l just need to go with the flow and be understanding with them and myself.

I actually have Schizotypal officially diagnosed along with aspergers and adhd.
Very talented for a wolf.:p
D1320149-0DFC-4102-A7F4-B3737CC1C33D.png
and the award goes to @WolfPrince for the most diagnoses

Last edited:
I don't like commitment because I've found the one that wants commitment usually wants control.
I'm not noncommital due to wanting sexual freedom since I am asexual, I just don't like being told
what to do and they usually want to know where and what I am doing every minute of the day or
want to do everything with me. This doesn't leave time to myself that most aspies need.
I will be a true stand by them partner and want to do what I can to be helpful, but, I don't like
feeling I am on a short leash.

New Threads

Top Bottom