• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you like to collect?

FromEquestria2LA

We all collect things. Some are esoteric, others are things that are very common of people to collect.
---
My collection centers around sports and anime/manga; I have sports gear (caps, jerseys, the like), anime DVDs, manga, vintage video games, and anime t-shirts (the anime shirts I wear under my sports jerseys). Regarding my sports collection: I will post pics of my wearing the various bits of gear I have of certain teams; not out of being a bandwagon fan, but out of appreciation for the sport and team I am representing- I'm just a sports aficionado, is all. :D

I collect Kinks merchandise, Cut The Rope merchandise, Routemasters and Hot Wheels. I also collect characters to add to my collection of Sweet Peas.

I collect magic cards. I enjoy playing with them but also find the process of sorting and filing them very relaxing. I have plans to catalog them in a computer database, but considering that I own literally thousands of cards, the prospect is a bit daunting.

I also collect books, though this is more of an addiction than a concerted effort at collecting. I have the bad habit of buying them faster than I can read them. I even bought a Kobo to free up the physical space that books take up, yet I persist in buying hard copies.

Oh boy. I used to collect Coach and Dooney purses, Mavado, Gucci and Coach watches. Then I grew up. :)

I can't spend money like that anymore. I now collect Temptations cookware, Logo clothes, Philosophy from QVC.

Oh! I forgot. Medical antiques.

I like collecting foreign coins and notes from countries that I visit (so far, I have a Hong Kong Dollar, a cent from the USA, an Estonian note, a Slovenian coin - I've forgotten the rest and my brother may have nicked some from my collection). I don't have a lot but I like what I have so far.

I have a manga comic and old manga magazine collection, most of which is in my bedroom at school. I've read most of the comics. I'm running out of space on my shelves for my expanding collection though.

Last edited:
I collect stories, the stories of people I meet. Been doing it since I was a kid as my grandfather told me all his stories of the war and how he got through it.

Since then I have been both fascinated by, old(er) people, and death. Over the years I have collected countless stories from people on their deathbeds, mostly from folk who had no one to listen to them. They are my greatest treasures and I'll remember every one of them, so, in my head, all those people continue to 'live'.

Sometimes I will tell their stories to other people, especially if I think it will help them with where they are at. When I worked in the hospitals they would jokingly call me the 'soul collector' and let me know if someone was about to pass away alone. It's funny how people want to tell you their story before they leave.

In my job now, people often end up telling me about their life without any prompting, passes the long journey ahead and they seem happy enough when I leave. I do find it odd though ;)

I guess if I turn up at your bedside one day you'll know it's time to make your peace :eek:

I like to collect figures of my favorite anime characters, manga, video game consoles, and old radios. Just yesterday I received my Madoka figure in the mail. :D

Last edited:
I collect stories, the stories of people I meet. Been doing it since I was a kid as my grandfather told me all his stories of the war and how he got through it.

Since then I have been both fascinated by, old(er) people, and death. Over the years I have collected countless stories from people on their deathbeds, mostly from folk who had no one to listen to them. They are my greatest treasures and I'll remember every one of them, so, in my head, all those people continue to 'live'.

Sometimes I will tell their stories to other people, especially if I think it will help them with where they are at. When I worked in the hospitals they would jokingly call me the 'soul collector' and let me know if someone was about to pass away alone. It's funny how people want to tell you their story before they leave.

In my job now, people often end up telling me about their life without any prompting, passes the long journey ahead and they seem happy enough when I leave. I do find it odd though ;)

I guess if I turn up at your bedside one day you'll know it's time to make your peace :eek:

That sound facinating. You should try publishing a book. You even have a title already. "The Soul Collector."

That sound facinating. You should try publishing a book. You even have a title already. "The Soul Collector."

People have said that, but it doesn't seem the right thing to do. It would be funny if, when my time comes, another story collector asks me for my stories. The telling of them would keep me alive for a fair bit longer ;)

I accumulate books, even though I will never be able to read them all.

I also collect information. I store the information in notebooks, wikis, and blogs.

Yes, me too. Listen to other's stories help me to understand the world more
I also collect parfume (must be my favourite type of fragrances, I'm very sensitive in smelling)
fashion accessories, high-heels (but I seldom wear it), different language books, sketch books...etc
My mom always complain that my room is full of useless thing, just like a trash room...

I collect books, and also vintage china and random little things that I think have history. So I suppose I collect history :)

My current collections are:

Toy soldiers (this collection goes back to when I was 10-11, and now involves my son)
Lion King Cards from around the world (something I started with my daughter as a joint hobby, but keep going even though she lost interest)
Playmobil Dollhouse and Holiday items (another joint daughter collection, but which she still has interest for)

Dorment collections (that might revive at some point)

Used USA Stamps
Certain Lego Series the kids liked.
Small historic artifacts (like a roman coin or arrowhead, an indian grinding stone or arrowhead - especially if found by me.)

Sometimes I doubt I'm an aspie because I don't collect things. I thought about starting a few collections, but I don't want to spend money and my house has enough clutter.

I collect paper/card/plastic products. In general the paper/card comes in the form of some sort of packaging. I've got some unusual coloured and patterned tissue-type wrapping paper with shoes I've ordered. I like how corrugated card packaging is constructed and the interesting textures, patterns and edgings that are created when tearing corrugated card up.

New Threads

Top Bottom