• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you get your news from?

Southern Discomfort

Smarter than the Average Bear
V.I.P Member
Not limited to anything, it can be politics to tech news to celebrity news.

Personally I get my politics from BBC News 24 as I feel it offers the most objective, unbiased news you can get. I get technology news from Engadget, Kitguru, and Destructoid and Rock, Paper, Shotgun from gaming news. I used to watch BBC Click but not so much these days, I just sort of forgot about it for some reason. I also occasionally look at the news reel on Yahoo.co.uk, but that's too biased and a bit daily raggy for me so I try not to click on anything which checking my email. There's also YouTube, so that's Linus Tech Tips for a weekly round up, NCIX for daily round ups. Then there's things like The Jimquisition and TotalBiscuit's Content Patch. I also watch Last Week Tonight with John Oliver for satire, he's great.

There's a few more tech sites I'd like to expand my horizons to like Polygon and Ars Technica but I haven't got around to checking them out.

Last edited:
BBC News website or random links from Google, sometimes I even check out the BBC Look Leeds website.

Shamefully, I suppose, I scrape most of my breaking news from the FB feeds of friends (though I do have lots of worldlier-than-myself friends, including one who's public radio newsreporter, so). KQED Science, local newspapers, SF Gate. And more satirically, from John Oliver, Trevor Noah & co., and Samantha Bee.

13567230_1019592884803793_773295197352928205_n.jpg

My regular news fixes are the Today programme on BBC Radio 4, plus subscriptions to Grist (American environmental newszine) and Positive News.
01/04/2017, Today - BBC Radio 4
Grist
Positive News is the constructive journalism magazine. Online and in print, we look at society’s challenges through a lens of progress and possibility.

More randomly, I like to buy a local paper whenever I visit a different area of the UK. You might think they would be of no interest whatsoever to someone visiting from elsewhere, but somehow I find them so fascinating.

bbc news Jerusalem post variety Hollywood reporter channel 4(UK)RT(RUSSIA TODAY)The Telegraph(London)used to be wikipedia

In addition to the above, I have signed up to the BBC's "If you only read 6 things this week..." The only downside is that some of the material comes from parts of the BBC World Service website which are inaccessible to UK readers!
Most of what I read I end up sharing on Facebook.
You can subscribe here: If you only read 6 things this week…

I avoid news like the plague. It's all negative and depressing usually. I do love a good news story. I found an online resource a while back, Positive News I think it was called.

I have a weekend subscription to a quality daily newspaper, to keep my horizons broad. During the week I read the Dutch news online via an app, for international news usually via BBC. For scientific news I read Natural Geographic, nature.com and some medical websites. I try to steer clear of sensationalist websites and papers.

And if I want to know what Donald is up to, I watch the Daily Show.

Mostly the New York Times; I have a student-priced digital subscription. If I could afford a paper subscription to the Sunday edition, I'd choose that. I also sometimes watch satire, like John Oliver and Trevor Noah, though not so much these days.

Online? Primarily Google News, Market Watch and Reuters.

And I like National Public Radio as well. (NPR)

Philip DeFranco and SNL

News depresses me, tried following CNN but it just became so ugh. I avoid FB like the plague anymore.

usually, not all of them in one day, but half

NY Times, The Guardin, BBC news //
Der Spiegel, Geo, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung FAZ, Die Zeit, TAZ //
Wired, CNET, The Verge //

and a variety of foreign news depending on the topic

Google News mostly. That's assuming that I even want to waste time looking it up - having to hear about the cult-of-personality in chief Trump for the 100th time gets old and quick - but that's my go-to source most of the time. Local TV as well on occasion, even though it's more of the same-old.

New Threads

Top Bottom