• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you enjoy making?

Berkana

V.I.P Member
I'd love to experience what others enjoy creating. Anything. Art, music, sandwiches, crafts, beautiful sentences, etc. Anything, it doesn't matter if it's "good", this is more about noticing and sharing some joy in life. What do you like to make?

Sorry if this has been done, I searched but possibly failed at looking well enough, it's been known to happen!

I'll start, I love painting galaxies! Below are my 2 new ones.
pic 2.jpg
pic 1.jpg

@Berkana , Those are beautiful!!! I honestly almost thought they were photographs at first. You are so talented!

I have a thread on here about my art- I draw and paint digitally but also traditionally. I also do photography (I posted some of those in the Photography thread too if you would like to see) and I do some graphic design. I travel a lot so I do mainly travel photography, but I'll take photos of pretty much anything, including people and animals.
Other than that, I've started cooking and mixing drinks lately (non-alcoholic), and I live in a new house so I love decorating and interior design. I like gardening, but haven't had the chance to plant many flowers yet where I live now. I have some indoor plants. I have some coloring books that I love to color in. I also love making videos, playing the drums (I used to be in a band!) and dancing.
That's a lot :sweatsmile: I'm definitely a free-spirited, creative person. I love expressing myself through the arts!!

I do stuff like this:

clockwork_by_scrapfractals_delbb91-fullview.jpg

void_tangle_by_scrapfractals_dejskno-fullview.jpg

overhaul_by_scrapfractals_dekdla8-fullview.jpg

These are fractals! Mostly! I've got lots of these. If you want, you can see them here:

My 3D fractal art

I started that topic almost immediately after discovering this entire concept, so the early ones in there arent very good. They get better as it goes on. There's some new ones I havent put in there yet.

And if you're at all interested in how these are made, have a look at this:

The unusual art apps that I use

I'm still a beginner at these, definitely, but I'm pleased with what I've made so far (mostly).

I enjoy making wood/fiberglass boats. Here is my latest, a narrow 17.5 foot greenland design sea kayak. Weighs 32 lbs. and is a fast solo boat for the intermediate level paddler.
20170723_140557.jpg

I think I was born fascinated with electronic circuits. I have spent my life studying, designing and building electronic circuits. It became my career. In retirement I am now designing as a work of art - to design and build the purest and most pristine and perfectly functional electronics. I started a website to explain my interest.

I like to cook and bake.
I started trying to make some nice looking desserts for fun.
Still need more practice to make them look better. But they all tasted great. :)

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_9297.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

IMG_9964.JPG

IMG_E9439.JPG

My specialty is learning new skills so I have tried many things. Book binding, shoe making, weaving, wool spinning, glass slumping, metal clay, enamels on copper, polymer clay, and many more.
I think I am best with sewing though. I am very good with large scale sewing for our boat. I like figuring out patterns and creating something from an idea. I don't have any pictures here (I am travelling). Maybe I can take some of our bimini and mainsail cover when I get back next week.

Crafts:
Earrings
Bracelets
Hats
Scarves
Art

Food:
Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fries
Chocolate covered popcorn and pretzels
Nachos with cheddar/American cheese
Poached eggs
Sugar cookies
Different kinds of sandwiches (salami and cheese, peanut butter banana, etc.)

I went digging through my computer folders and found pictures of some of my creative designs!
Here are some table settings I put together for Christmas and Thanksgiving:
IMG_E8610.JPG

IEKC6901.JPG

AMKJ4418.JPG

Here are some dishes I made:
Butternut squash and pumpkin with pecan and mixed nut topping
GEZS0049.JPG

This is a Portuguese and Spanish dish called Huevos Rotos
AJAU4142.JPG

Spaghetti with asparagus, scallions, chives, lemon and parmesan cheese
IMG_0412.JPG
Tropical mixed fruit smoothie with pineapple and watermelon
IMG_9967.JPG

Pancetta carbonara with Alfredo (and passion fruit tea)
IMG_E3708.JPG

And here are two of my drum kits
IMG_9440.JPG
IMG_E2821.JPG

So many people here making all sorts of nice food, and here I am, unable to microwave hotdogs without them exploding.

So many people here making all sorts of nice food, and here I am, unable to microwave hotdogs without them exploding.

My wife once tried to make those frozen chicken nuggets from the store. She knew they usually go in the toaster oven for 10 minutes each side. But basically her sole appliance for cooking is the microwave, and she figured that time would work just as well. So, 10 minutes in the microwave, and she had some really solid hockey pucks.

I never let her forget this story.... :D

@Misery
That picture was so beautiful number 2, my hair stood up on me.

So many talented and creative people here. I feel free finally.

@Misery

So many talented and creative people here. I feel free finally. Corporate America fears us unless they can make money off us.

@Misery

So many talented and creative people here. I feel free finally. Corporate America fears us unless they can make money off us. It's easier to convince us we need meds and assimilation.

As a true artist, l choose to look at every day as a creative endeavor in any medium. Love, writing, cooking.

@Misery

So many talented and creative people here. I feel free finally. Corporate America fears us unless they can make money off us. It's easier to convince us we need meds and assimilation.

As a true artist, l choose to look at every day as a creative endeavor in any medium be it love, writing, cooking or insert your word here( ).

New Threads

Top Bottom