• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you do when your family members are being extremely annoying

Annaa

So basically my family can be really annoying, for example my mother loves to sing random kids songs very loud and when I ask her to stop she sings louder, then when I leave without finishing my words she’s made at me and my brother like a big baby he knows that I go to the toilet first thing in the morning and if I don’t I don’t want to go to school anymore or get out of bed or he likes to cough and breath on my food, he is also so loud I don’t get why people have to speak so loudly.
I love my family but if they at least could let me go to the toilet first in the morning or at least not breath on my food, my brother also makes my mother mad all the time so I constantly have to listen to her judging and yelling and it’s getting extremely annoying, because it destroys my whole mood and I can’t do good in school anymore because of it

Last edited:
So basically my family can be really annoying, for example my mother loves to sing random kids songs very loud and when I ask her to stop she sings louder, then when I leave without finishing my words she’s made at me and my brother like a big baby he knows that I go to the toilet first thing in the morning and if I don’t I don’t want to go to school anymore or get out of bed or he likes to cough and breath on my food, he is also so loud I don’t get why people have to speak so loudly.
I love my family but if they at least could let me go to the toilet first in the morning or at least not breath on my food, my brother also makes my mother mad all the time so I constantly have to listen to her judging and yelling and it’s getting extremely annoying, because it destroys my whole mood and I can’t do good in school anymore because of it

Childs love their parents naturally because they need them.

Teens hate their parents naturally because they need to start their own path in life.

So the natural way to solve the issue should be working and renting. Sadly its difficult to get good jobs without having a good education.

So it can be difficult, specially if you have extra problems from ASD. Best of luck.

Someday those songs your mother sings will be your greatest memories.

I know it may sound impossible to believe annaa, but this is true.

Someone always tried to mess with my food when I was your age, it's terribly annoying and other peoples food is one thing people really should not mess with. If it was my brother, I would smack him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. But I don't know what you should do.

It's hard being 13 I remember feeling similar to you. My sister was annoying, it's not just brothers! But she's been great over the many years since. She let me use her notes for my exam revision when I was 16, phew! Plus she has helped me out in all sorts of ways, and been a fun person to spend time with. It gets better...

My mum could not sing a note. Oh dear, really bad. But still she tried... Yes indeed. Annoying. I did usually find places to go, like cycle to the library and sit reading there, or by the lake. There's some good tips here to about headphones.

I hope things get better soon, I definitely would say, finding strategies where you don't end up blaming them, but just manage the issues the way you want to that means they are less affected. I think your mum may feel a bit hurt and see that you are growing up, and need her less and are getting critical of her. That can be hard.

Your brother maybe is just a joker, or maybe needs a bit of attention? How old is he? Is he being playful and silly, or is he needing something you could help a bit with? I used to cheer my sister up sometimes. And I was more sensible than her, despite being younger, so sometimes I could suggest ideas about problems to her.

If things are rough, potential solutions may include going to your room or other secluded area, if there's on available, or heading outside - a walk in the neighborhood, or perhaps a trip to a park, library, mall, or whatever place where you may find peace.

Someone always tried to mess with my food when I was your age, it's terribly annoying and other peoples food is one thing people really should not mess with. If it was my brother, I would smack him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. But I don't know what you should do.
Yeah. Even if someone took just one chip out of my takeaway, for example, it would infuriate me even if they asked for one nicely. I’d say no and to go and buy their own. I can confirm it’s not just a guy thing. Well, mostly.

New Threads

Top Bottom