• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Do You Do When You Like Someone?

Calcifer

What's your usual behavior towards a person you like?

Do you get extra awkward and embarrassed, or are you more likely to be overly friendly when around them?

I get extra awkward and my throat feels like it's swollen or something. :lol2:

Awkward, either I get super quiet, or talk and talk until I realize I have been talking away and the other person is just staring.

Blushing and half-baked avoidance of eye contact in a failing attempt to prevent more blushing (See, I would have to look at them to act normal. But even a split-second glance would set me off). And awkwardness, probably in the form of talking too fast and flippantly.

Basically all my knowledge of body language and social norms goes completely out the window.
It usually goes well at first and then there's the moment in conversation where you're supposed to initiate a topic.
That's usually where they assume I'm not interested.

I guess science isn't a very flirty topic.

Same with me. I'm I'm around someone that I like, I usually freeze up inside and can't speak or make much eye contact.

I also seem to have some weird, opposite effect. I think I'll be nice or friendly to someone and constantly get told that I'm "very obviously" flirting. (Happens at work, usually) Truth be told, I find that more embarrassing than my awkwardness.

I find it very hard to stop looking at them, but if I have to actually talk to them, I stumble over my words and clam up. I also go really red easily and keep forgetting what I'm supposed to say.

I tend to get really awkward around the person and I would freakout whenever they would find out that I really like them thinking that I would end up creeping them up. :lol2:

I remember when I met my gf and I remember actually feeling pretty awkward and I was getting really really shy, but it eventually took time for me to get over it. Time after time, my confidence started to boost and boost and I can finally say that I'm very happy where iam today.

The only person who I would really like that is my gf, but its more deep than that.

I remember when I met my gf and I remember actually feeling pretty awkward and I was getting really really shy, but it eventually took time for me to get over it. Time after time, my confidence started to boost and boost and I can finally say that I'm very happy where iam today.

The only person who I would really like that is my gf, but its more deep than that.

Good for you, Ian :) You're super to really have a deep relationship with your gf :)

Oh my god, I get so awkward, my heart races, I blush. I run out of breath. And the funny thing, half of the time I'll just pretend I don't even notice them, when we're in a crowd.
Or will talk to them only if there's no one else around, but as soon as someone else appears, it's done. I'll run away and not speak to them in the presence of others. Won't even say hi, a lot of times. But seriously, when my friends or anyone that I know are around, I'm paralyzed. Especially if my friends know the individual and are acquaintances with them, then no way for me to be open about it, have to be secretive about it.
Also, we can talk for hours online, but when we see each other, it tends to be awkwaaard - look the other way, pretend that you don't now her...
I'm so awesome xD

The last girl I kind of liked I started getting mellow around her and was forcing myself to talk to her... until she asked me if I had a job, I said I work for my grandpa sometimes, and then told me she lived with her boyfriend and was like a bartender, she just talks to people about their problems. For me this conjured up a vision of that sign that's in every bar. I don't think she meant it that way though now that I've over analyzed that conversation for a few days.

I have a hard time talking to them around other people. Sometimes I go to talk to them about more serious relationship stuff, but forget to or chicken out half way thru. I've had more luck accidentally landing in relationships, but the problem there is that sometimes you only started dating the person because you were lonely. which is fine, I guess, but I believe that a relationship should have a foundation of honest intentions and intellectual understanding if it's going to work long term. You can't build a castle on a base of bullsh@t.

I told my only good friend (basically brother) that flirtation is a subtle and nuance filled game of racquetball and I was born without a paddle.

sometimes you only started dating the person because you were lonely. which is fine, I guess, but I believe that a relationship should have a foundation of honest intentions and intellectual understanding if it's going to work long term. You can't build a castle on a base of bullsh@t.

so very true

I usually imagine scenarios where the world is perfect and I get the girl, no, I usually just mope away and realize that even if I had the guts to talk to her in such a way as to have her be interested in me back, I don’t have any sort of a life decent enough to be able justify bringing her into. Oh and I also wont stop talking about her magnificence and mystique to anybody who will stand still for five minutes ;)

I suppose I am just not happy with what I am able to get, I am starting to think I only want someone better than I am worthy of!

It is customarily the ones that I want that are usually already taken and, of course, the ones I have no interest in are the ones I can’t get away from. There have been women (and men) that have fancied me, some I was told about and others made it so obvious even I couldn’t miss it :wacko:
The ones I considered as inappropriate women: 3 or 4 children (usually to different dads), age 60 and over (I’m 38), drug users, married or in relationship, mentally ill (confirmed), covered in tatts and piercings and of course... my own cousin!

New Threads

Top Bottom