• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do I do??

Ooh that's a good one @Ken; I answered Mormon missionaries a number of times with a two-hour deep dive into the many intricacies of Roman Catholicism. (Which in the Mormon Church, if what these fellows said was any indication, Catholicism seems to be their idea of what the devil does on Sundays.) Pulled out several doorstop-sized books of the driest possible theology, and a Victorian study bible with massive quantities of annotations, and kept them at bay for two hours- They got out of the yard & never came back. A pity. I never finished about the Avignon exile or the schism of 1054.

I also would come up with various characters to play on the phone when telemarketers would call. There was one voice I'd do-- Julia the Cat Lady who threatened to bring banana bread to people. Especially the Policemen's Benefit stuff--there was a scam going round about that, where they called up people to ask for donations to buy PTSD-suffering policemen more weapons. Well, "Julia" had no money or pistols but she had cats, and bread, and casserole, and lots and lots of lonely old friends on the silver side of sixty-- "And we're all lesbians~" I figured he wouldn't care for that.

The scammer one time asked "is this Julia" and I could hear fear.

Glorious.

Finish your casserole.

REMINDER

Topic, as stated by the OP = "I am going to report my rape to the police, but I'm not sure how to."

Further replies to this thread should be pertinent to the OP's situation.

I understand, no need to say sorry. It`s just something about the internet, when you know someone is having a hard time and you don`t see them around here. You can`t do much sort of, just wonder if they are ok. Happy to see you here again, I know others are happy to see you too.
Just not done anything good, I've hurt myself etc

Being cute!

Glad they spent the day being cute. Dog V4 has been sat on my lap watching things this afternoon including this video which caused struggling and barking at the screen. Weirdly he seemed to time his barks to the moment the squirrels ran away. Maybe you could try your two on it and see what reaction they give?

Glad they spent the day being cute. Dog V4 has been sat on my lap watching things this afternoon including this video which caused struggling and barking at the screen. Weirdly he seemed to time his barks to the moment the squirrels ran away. Maybe you could try your two on it and see what reaction they give?

Awww

From a different video of a range of wildlife. He's watching wild pigs and keeps looking for them when they go off screen.
DSCN0754.JPG

I think it is really important that you get some professional help. The waiting list may be a bit long depending on where you are but if you start the process, it’s better than not getting any help when you seem to be needing that support. And in the meantime, speak to your doctor who can also help you. If you’re from the UK it’s “free” and if you’re in Europe you have an insurance card that coupled with any official diagnosis you may have can perhaps be available support — as this is what mine is on my insurance. I have no idea about the USA....There’s no shame in mental health struggles but you have to know that at times you can’t always go about handling it by yourself. I see a psychiatrist, I haven’t really had much time spent with him as he and I both had hoped but it’s helpful to know that he’s there when I really have a crisis point. And if you’re officially dx’d, you could also be referred to ASD specific psychiatrists or support places that can really help you.

New Threads

Top Bottom