• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What did I do wrong... (maybe nothing)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Perusing a Facebook group tonight about "abandoned Alberta" photography, one photo in particular, a very cool abandoned and extremely rusty vintage Bombardier snowmobile

The group policy is (rightfully so) to not reveal locations (aargh!), something that frustrates me sometimes... o_O

I want to go there! :) Then browsing more, more photos of stuff I never manage to track down, neat abandoned things, then again I only drive the prairies a few times a year, because I do enjoy urban life and photography, and I can't really afford the gas bill for driving out of town every weekend (I swear some people in the group go out that regularly)

I almost shouldn't complain, I did spot a Polski-Fiat 126, for those who know, a private import of a car into Canada from Europe, even had the chance to chat with the owner... And I do get lots of interesting photo opportunities inside the big city, I just never see a Bombardier in the process! o_O I know I shouldn't compare and be envious like that

And in case you're wondering what the big fuss is about, this is what a vintage Bombardier looks like, something very unique, just a photo I found on the web, I've never seen one before, maybe I'll never see one ever, mind you most people these days will never see one either...

afa96a0a0a2124aa4c6ad1132e771830.jpg

Then again most classic car geeks here in western Canada will never get to see a Polski-Fiat 126, yin and yang

Wait, what? What did you do wrong? What are you asking? What did you even do at all? The post seems to be talking about things you like, which is awesome and I like you, so I think I get that, but what does the title mean? :eek:

Wait, what? What did you do wrong? What are you asking? What did you even do at all? The post seems to be talking about things you like, which is awesome and I like you, so I think I get that, but what does the title mean? :eek:

Obvious. He got the title wrong!

Or that it should have been... Could have been me to see the Bombardier... Because I never find anything that fantastic to photograph...

what a cutie, like a VW bug on skies. Wonder how loud it is, should be on a Bond movie with a tiny underlord villian.

Ohh, you mean something you've done wrong with your life, in general?

I really did think there was some mistake! I read the post like four times! :eek:

I still don’t get it....but that’s ok because there was a picture of a cool vehicle....I’m easily pleased.

Ohh, you mean something you've done wrong with your life, in general?

I really did think there was some mistake! I read the post like four times! :eek:

Perhaps a slight case of envy, which I know isn't a good thing in life... Or perhaps I should focus on neat things that I discover (and photograph) and simply enjoy looking at the things other people discover without being envious...

I still don’t get it....but that’s ok because there was a picture of a cool vehicle....I’m easily pleased.

If we remove the details, and I understand correctly, I believe this is the essence of it:

*Someone experiences something cool*

*He sees them experience that cool thing and thinks, "Why don't I get to experience cool things like that? :("*

Then the title being, "Did I do something wrong to make my life get to a point in which I don't experience these cool things other people experience?"

That's my current understanding. I mostly had trouble because the terminology was like another language to me. :)

But I've still never taken a photo of a Bombardier :) Let alone seen one... That's the last time I'll say that... :rolleyes:

Take a picture of the screen! :D

I'd suggest random things like going to where they sell one, but I don't really know what it even is and assume you have already thought of all the obvious..

Take a picture of the screen! :D

I'd suggest random things like going to where they sell one, but I don't really know what it even is and assume you have already thought of all the obvious..

I do have several photos of Bombardier's though, from my collection of vintage photos...

You mention that the group does not allow the posting of locations. But is it possible to private message the person that posted the photo and ask the location? If so, that may be your chance to see a vintage Bombardier.

New Threads

Top Bottom