• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your plans for the New Year?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Main one is to get a job, same as the last 2 Million years obviously, that's got to wait though till I've had the Op to have the cataracts in my left eye removed.

Also, somehow, whether it's paid employment related or otherwise, such as a big Lottery win, I want to raise enough money to buy an Xbox One X and a 4K TV, and possibly a Windows 10 Laptop that's powerful enough to run Unity and other video and graphic editing tools.

I also want to try and attend a few out of Town Comic Con type events I've seen advertised on Facebook, the closest one I've seen advertised is up in Huddersfield around March time.

So anyway, what are your plans/goals/stuff you're looking forward to next year?

I’m planning to get a different job than my current one, more clinical and research oriented so I feel more stimulated intellectually.
I’m also planning to lose another 6 kilograms of weight, I’ve lost 6 kg so far in the last 3 months and I’m planning to keep going.

- Struggling with food a bit ATM so I hope I can break this cycle and 2019 will be about more than that.
- I'd like to find more of a work/life balance.
- Go to Japan! That one has been on my list for a while. It would be great if I could find the time/money/company to go on a few other small trips.

That's all. :blush:

Sit on a quiet tropical island for a month.

….No, seriously, I leave on the 31st. And then we might do another month in April, not sure yet.

Other than that, there'll be convention trips to plan for. And somehow I will make my way to Coralville, in Iowa, for reasons I'm still not too clear on. Obsession doesn't always give clear reasons, really. Which is mildly irritating.

I may also try learning more game-dev stuff. Yes, I already have one game and some expansions under my belt, but I'd rather like to try and make a roguelike game entirely on my own (instead of being part of a team). It could be an interesting challenge. Or an utterly infuriating one.

Review the things i set out to accomplish in 2018.
If there was some failures, re-assess their importance and analyze why it didn't work out. Make adjustments and re-assign for 2019.
As for the specifics of ongoing change keeping those private until completed.

Beginning on January 1st of next year i'll be going to North Carolina with my parents and a few other family members for a 4 to 5 day vacation, then a couple months later in March i'll be going to my first and only Elton John concert here in Florida. I'll also be finishing up my Junior year of High school in May and over the summer i'll be going on another vacation with just my immediate family. I'm also really looking forward to several films coming out next year. Avengers Endgame and The Lion King 2019 are my two most anticipated ones for sure! :)

I would also like to work on improving my social skills and hopefully start making plans for College.

Last edited:
I’m not sure yet. I’ll ask my two closest friends if we can meet up, but after a few of my first ever 6am starts at work which includes the day before, (31st) I might be REALLY tired. Will definitely make the effort to ignore how I feel and go out anyway if they’re free. We have fireworks so it’s just a question of when and where to go so it fits around all our schedules. :)

I want to draw more. Start doing oil painting portraits again. Actually go to some life drawing classes. I want to finish my final year project for the computer science degree I am doing. I want to make it to 2020.

I want to draw more. Start doing oil painting portraits again. Actually go to some life drawing classes. I want to finish my final year project for the computer science degree I am doing. I want to make it to 2020.

I want you to draw more too. I love your artwork :)

Drag my weary ass out of this pit of despair.

Find a purpose.

Think “ **** it !” more often.

Stop considering all of the various types of reality,
Pick one and live it for 12 months.

Smile much more. :)

Finally being able to hold an entiere semester without giving up.
Loosing some more weight and more importantly maintaining that weightloss via an healthy diet.
Seeing my friends
Seeing my brother.
And on top off it if I can coock a little or maybe something else, (at least playing less video game overall it's still WIP) well that would be great.

I plan on submitting another job application to a potential employer in hopes of getting a job as a computer technician. I figure if I submit at least one application a day, sooner or later I will be hired. I will also spend some time playing games.

Other than moving apartment in late January and the uncertainty of work.

Continue learning the C programming language.
Maybe start learning a third natural language.

I'm going to start looking for an antidote for my SJW poisoning.
The who world has gone insane with their political correctness.
My avoiding racial and gender-based slurs (which I don't want to use anyway) isn't enough anymore.
Can't say Merry Christmas because not everyone is Christian.
Happy Holidays is wrong too, because not everyone celebrates other holidays and not everyone is happy. The latter sure is a big surprise (sarcasm).
Maybe we shouldn't say Happy New Year either, because not everyone celebrates the new year on Jan 1st.
And what's so happy about the New Year, anyway? It's always the same as the old year, full of war, greed and stupidity.

New Threads

Top Bottom