• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your picks for Pantone colors in Spring 2020?

Pink Jazz

I know Pantone has its trend reports, but if you were able to choose the colors for your favorite fashion brand in Spring 2020, what Pantone colors would you pick?

Here are my picks:

Pinks/Reds:
  • 13-2802 TCX - Fairy Tale
  • 12-2905 TCX - Cradle Pink
  • 18-2045 TCX - Pink Peacock
  • 17-1929 TCX - Rapture Rose
  • 16-1723 TCX - Confetti
Blues/Teals:
  • 15-3920 TCX - Placid Blue
  • 14-4816 TCX - Blue Radiance
  • 17-4728 TCX - Algiers Blue
  • 19-4057 TCX - True Blue
Greens:
  • 14-6329 TCX - Absinthe Green
  • 12-0225 TCX - Patina Green
Yellows:
  • 12-0742 TCX - Lemon Verbena
Oranges:
  • 15-1433 TCX - Papaya Punch
Purples:
  • 17-3628 TCX - Amethyst Orchid
  • 16-3416 TCX - Violet Tulle

First I'd have to know what Pantone was.

"The Pantone Color Matching System is largely a standardized color reproduction system. By standardizing the colors, different manufacturers in different locations can all refer to the Pantone system to make sure colors match without direct contact with one another."
Pantone - Wikipedia
About Us - About Pantone
What are Pantone Colors and How Do We Use Them?
How Pantone Became The Definitive Language Of Color
https://printingsolutions.com/whats-the-difference-between-cmyk-and-pantone/

Then, in order to decide, I'd have to be able to see the colors, not just read words describing them.
PANTONEVIEW Colour Planner Spring/Summer 2020 - The Sea
FAQ Pantone

Articulating colors in person based on a standard of official Pantone color chips is one thing. However what you actually see depends on the color management one uses for their monitor and operating system apart from hardware peripherals like color printers.

In my case, I try to keep all color management ICC protocols identical in as much as is possible, defaulting only to Adobe RGB 1998 D65 WP 2.2 Gamma. It's how the colors I see on my monitor are properly translated to what I print in color as well.

Even then a user may be still using very different physical settings on their monitor to interpret color based on the Kelvin scale in terms of very warm or cold color variations. The higher the number, the "cooler" (or bluer) the display. It all depends on how sophisticated your monitor is and whether or not a user is even aware of such settings and uses them to their benefit. I try to keep such settings as neutral as possible, so they don't skew my ICC profiles pertaining to the OS, monitor and other devices.

That said, I'd still have to ask what color management the OP is using to determine whether or not the Pantone colors he sees are relatively the same ones I would see. Even then there's still no telling how different my brightness and contrast settings may be compared to others. ;)

Ever print something multiple times in color and on different types of paper and still not have it appear as it does on your monitor? Uh huh. :oops:

Last edited:
All the colors sound pretty though. It would be hard to choose I think.
For clothes that i would wear, i would choose those considered "cool" as opposed to "warm".

I am not looking that far ahead yet but I liked reading the names of the colors. Papaya Punch sounds like a fruit drink. :D

I wonder who gets to name the colors? If it was me I'd make some changes. I like true nature based names. Like Sickly Green and Scab Puce for example.

Note Pantone has different libraries for different uses. The colors that fashion companies normally use are from the Pantone Fashion, Home, and Interiors (FHI) series, with TCX being the hues for the colors on cotton.

This link provides identifiers for colors.
Pantone Brings the Best to Life.

This section is at the beginning.
upload_2019-6-26_12-22-16.png

As you scroll down the color families gradually change.
upload_2019-6-26_12-23-29.png

And so on...
Hovering over an individual square give an identifier.
7459 C, for example, is the bottom left square in the section above.
And 2203 C is the bottom most right square in the section above.

Also, on the dropdown in the upper left there are the different Pantone color families. The ones I listed are FHI Cotton TCX.

Pantone Brings the Best to Life.

The color identifiers in this area include imaginative/descriptive words, in addition to the number.

upload_2019-6-26_16-11-27.png

For example, the bottom left square is 16-1415 TCX Almondine.
The topmost square on the right is 13-0849 TCX Habañero Gold.

Here are a few of the descriptions of the colors:
  • 13-2802 TCX Fairy Tale - a soft, light purplish pink.
  • 12-2905 TCX Cradle Pink - a very light purplish pink.
  • 18-2045 TCX Pink Peacock - a bright hot pink.
  • 17-1929 TCX Rapture Rose - a bright reddish pink.
  • 16-1723 TCX Confetti - a medium reddish pink.
  • 15-3920 TCX Placid Blue - a soft light blue.
  • 14-4816 TCX Blue Radiance - a bright turquoise.
  • 17-4728 TCX Algiers Blue - a dark blue-toned teal.
  • 19-4057 TCX True Blue - the name says it all!
  • 14-6329 TCX Absinthe Green - a moderately light green.
  • 12-0225 TCX Patina Green - a light mint green.
  • 12-0742 TCX Lemon Verbena - a somewhat light yellow.
  • 15-1433 TCX Papaya Punch - a moderately light orange.
  • 17-3628 TCX Amethyst Orchid - a bright purple.
  • 16-3416 TCX Violet Tulle - a somewhat light purple.

I used the pantones extensively. customers would use these to tell me what colour they wanted I would use my own pigments more stable for exterior use to match required colour. I would convert the colour into numbers using the specrtrophotometer visually check similar pattern in lab run on line make final adjustments adjust formula. standardize formula. So far none of the competitors know how I did it. I don't even take into consideration emotion, creativity is the original designers responsibility, he will get a very good match basecoat and clear coat determine the tone hundreds of basecoats organized so I Can find an appropriate one in minutes even each supplier matches each other exactly for same colour. my ability to control suppliers was very rigorous my way or the highway.no pigment substitutions. Could change suppliers in few hours. I taught the paint companies how to control colour, They though.
they were the experts. why ASTM offered me the chairmanship of committee for printing on coil. I passed did not want to compromise my methods and show the competitors how to do it, Doubt anybody other than a fellow Aspie
with my knowledge could repeat.

Last edited:
I would have a suit made, using little tiny squares of each and every pantone color, and wear white socks, brown shoes, and a grey fedora.

I have a hard time picking colors.

New Threads

Top Bottom