• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your favourite "pessimistic" Christmas songs?

AGXStarseed

While most Christmas songs try to make you feel good and boost up the good feeling of the holidays, there are more than a few that seem to having more a pessimistic edge that is still appealing to some.
Whether it's about people getting into arguments, wanting to be left alone, drunken people acting like fools, etc. there are the songs that deal with the realistic and not-so-merry side of this well-known winter holiday.

So, do you have any pessimistic Christmas songs that you like?

Here's a few examples:
Billy Idol - Yellin' At The Christmas Tree

The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)

Aly and AJ - Not This Year

Blink 182 - Won't Be Home For Christmas

Mel Smith - Another Bloomin' Christmas!

Malcolm Middleton of Arab Strap fame.

There was a push to get this to Christmas no.1 in the UK in 2007.

I've seen him perform this live. Rather fittingly it was a very rainy day on Glasgow Green. I got soaked.

Its title is more pessimistic than the song, itself,
Baby, Just GO Outside!

This version makes the woman sound like the crazy one you're trying to politely (yet as soon as possible) get out of your house without getting her mad, because you're not interested and don't want to get accused of something you haven't done.

The Two Ronnies - Christmas Comes But Once A Year (Roll On Boxing Day)

Hurts - All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day

While most Christmas songs try to make you feel good and boost up the good feeling of the holidays, there are more than a few that seem to having more a pessimistic edge that is still appealing to some.
Whether it's about people getting into arguments, wanting to be left alone, drunken people acting like fools, etc. there are the songs that deal with the realistic and not-so-merry side of this well-known winter holiday.

So, do you have any pessimistic Christmas songs that you like?

Here's a few examples:
Billy Idol - Yellin' At The Christmas Tree

The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)

Aly and AJ - Not This Year

Blink 182 - Won't Be Home For Christmas

Mel Smith - Another Bloomin' Christmas!

Not sure this entirely fits, as it's hilarious, but the classic "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer."
Don't like Christmas music in general, so don't listen to it much, if I can help it. Prefer the more unusual, or offbeat songs.

New Threads

Top Bottom