• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

HoodieAnt

Heyoo to you!
What are your favorite...
... tv shows/webseries?
... movies? Cartoon movies?
... bands/musicians?
... games?
... books?
Is there anything else you really like/love?
What's it?

Sometimes I don't have anyone to talk to about my special interests.
So just made a list of them!

Well, OP, what are yours? You listed some categories, but we don't know your preferences in those categories.

If you talk about the things you especially interact with, there's a good chance someone will agree with one or more of your interests.

Heyoo to you!
... tv shows/webseries?
... bands/musicians?
... games?
... books?
What's it?

I don’t know if mine are special interests, I’ll list what I can list! but I don’t know if it’s a special interest!
pergamano First used in churches
2C320E3A-0F5D-4069-92A4-B3825915492B.jpeg
like this, Then secular like this
39C4AB4B-B6E7-4B2A-B57B-90E91BF4D56C.jpeg

3-D decoupage how I first saw it
675AF7C7-3DFF-4DA5-AEF7-1C460DE36833.jpeg
This is an example of what makes it 3-D
0DB5AAB2-44A2-47DE-9290-68C021E4182A.jpeg
nature
books
seeing embroidery being made by a machine
38002B87-A4BB-451E-BAF2-C6F203AAA0F1.jpeg

Well, OP, what are yours? You listed some categories, but we don't know your preferences in those categories.
Hi, sorry, you're right, I wanted to write it as a comment, like this, just my computer said error ^^'

My favorite things are psychology (learn new things about autism, ADHD, OCD, PTSD etc.) and any kind of history. My most favorite show is Camp Camp, but I like Villanos/Villainous, Gravity Falls and Milo Murphy's Law also. I love a Hungarian book series called 'Időfutár'. (literal meaning: Time-courier) My other favorite books are The White King and The Paul Street Boys. And the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I love the Hungarian language, it's so colorful! And I like to learn new languages. My favorite musical artist is for KING & COUNTRY. And Owl City. I really like the artworks of Carnor (a Hungarian youtuber). I love nature, kids, music, to make lists and to write stories about the hardest days of life.

I had a dark and deeply anxious childhood so now I can be happy with the smallest things of life. ^^
Thank you for coming to my TED-talk!

Favorites, ugh. I always have a hard time listing these.

Okay, my hobbies and some favorites that I can actually think of currently:

1. Video games
Favorites for different consoles/systems

NES: Super Mario Bros (original), Metroid, most of the black box releases
SNES: Super Mario World, Illusion of Gaia
Atari 2600: Dig Dug, Congo Bongo, Demon Attack, Enduro, too many others
DOS: Kroz series, ZZT, Round 42, Flightmare. Nobody has any idea what I'm talking about.
Arcade: Juno First, Solar Fox, Jungle Hunt, Robotron 2084, Elevator action, Tron when I can get it to freaking work, far too many others, I have every rom ever
PC: Binding of Isaac, Hyperrogue, Streets of Rogue

2. Virtual Reality, Oculus Rift

New Retro Arcade Neon. It's what got me into VR and the reason why I ended up with a $4500 PC. Recreates an entire 80s style retro arcade, full cabinets with attract modes and everything. Has a bowling alley and movie theater also for some reason, and stuff like Whack-a-Mole or that funky punching bag thing. I use it frequently. It is amazing. When someone is trying out VR for the first time, this is one of the first programs I show to them, and it's the one that blows their mind.

8vpUpqU.jpg

It's basically that, in full VR, with extreme detail... a 2D screenshot cant show what it REALLY looks like. And all of those machines are active and fully playable, just like in a real arcade. Can set up any games I want in there. With every arcade rom ever, stored on every PC I own, there's.... alot of choices.

EmuVR: If you cant tell, I'm a fan of retro games. This one is like New Retro, except instead of being about arcades, it's about old console games. Recreates a bedroom from back in the 80s/90s, complete with CRTs and everything. Extreme graphical detail. You could set up 15 seperate TVs, hook up consoles to them (could be anything from the 2600 to the PS2, whatever) and run games on every one, all at once, if you want. It has so much potential, I love it.

3. Board games

I havent been into this hobby all that long yet, but I still have a few favorites: Aeon's End, Hostage Negotiator, Nemo's War, Zombicide, Mage Knight, Renegade. I just wish that Zombicide and Mage Knight didnt take bloody forever to set up. And yes, I'm a solo player. Yes, it's possible to play board games pure solo. For co-op games like Zombicide, you just play multiple characters at once. And some games, like Hostage Negotiator, are designed for solo-only to begin with. The one thing solo players cant do is play competitive games, obviously. Honestly I was amazed by the whole thing when I found the hobby... there's an entire giant community of people that play these solo. So much cool stuff!

4. Youtube

Favorite channels: Markiplier, Jim Sterling, Dorkly, Deceased Crab, One F Jef
Favorite series: Dont Hug Me I'm Scared, Salad Fingers

5. Books

Ye gods it'd take me forever to decide on favorites. These things are all over my room. But it's one of my interests nonetheless.

Getting to know animals and nature's ways.
Being with nature in the woods and gardening.
Music - 80's Rock especially.
Ambient music to sleep by.
Some TV series which come and go as deemed by the networks. Mostly crime dramas and Sci-fi.
Rocks and crystal collecting.
Documentaries on nature/animals and space.
Star gazing at night.
Meditation.
Peaceful sleep.

Hi, sorry, you're right, I wanted to write it as a comment, like this, just my computer said error ^^'

My favorite things are psychology (learn new things about autism, ADHD, OCD, PTSD etc.) and any kind of history. My most favorite show is Camp Camp, but I like Villanos/Villainous, Gravity Falls and Milo Murphy's Law also. I love a Hungarian book series called 'Időfutár'. (literal meaning: Time-courier) My other favorite books are The White King and The Paul Street Boys. And the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I love the Hungarian language, it's so colorful! And I like to learn new languages. My favorite musical artist is for KING & COUNTRY. And Owl City. I really like the artworks of Carnor (a Hungarian youtuber). I love nature, kids, music, to make lists and to write stories about the hardest days of life.

I had a dark and deeply anxious childhood so now I can be happy with the smallest things of life. ^^
Thank you for coming to my TED-talk!

I love psychology and history, too! The other things you mentioned (excepting Tom Sawyer) represent a culture and possibly generation gap (meaning, I've never heard of them!).

My favorite...

TV shows/webseries?
Probably Firefly, based on how often I've watched it. Eureka and Warehouse 13 tie for second.

Movies? Cartoon movies?
Stardust, The Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest.

Bands/musicians?
Barenaked Ladies, Dave Matthews. Yet, my favorite album, Graceland, is by Paul Simon.

Games?
Cribbage.

Books?
Currently, the Mistborn series, by Brandon Sanderson.

... tv shows/webseries?
Sonic For Hire, Arrested Development, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and Drawn Together.
Clueless, The Rules of Attraction, Mean Girls, Superbad.
... bands/musicians?
Oingo Boingo, The Aquabats, Kimya Dawson, video game soundtracks...
... games?
Deus Ex, Town of Salem, Zero Escape, Mass Effect, Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Megami Tensei.
... books?
Same as @Misery .

Last edited:
Today in a doctor's waiting room I read Time Magazine's 100 most influential people today. I recognized about 5 of the 100 names.

Heyoo to you!
... tv shows/webseries?
... bands/musicians?
... games?
... books?
What's it?

TV is one of my favorite things. Some of my favorite shows are Tangled The Series, Steven Universe, Milos Murphy’s Law, Big Bang Theory, Friends, Call the Midwife, Fresh Prince of Bell Air and Sex the City.

I love Disney movies. My favorite on is Tangled and my favorite none human one is finding Nemo. I also have a special place for lady and the tramp.

I like Disney Music and Pop music my favorite musician is Meghan Trainer. I also like Eden Espinosa, Racheal Rodriguez and Elle King.

I play a lot of Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, We Bare Bears Match 3 Repairs and Redecor.

I love books and read a lot. Some of my favorites are Harry Potter, Babysitters Club, American girl, Wardstone Chronics, Percy Jackson and anything Cathy Cassidy or Sarah Crossan. I read all genres but pure horror by my favorites are fantasy and contemporary.

I love to swim, craft and create art.

Heyoo to you!
... tv shows/webseries?
... bands/musicians?
... games?
... books?
What's it?

Hmm.. this seems like a good place to bring up something I've been thinking of recently, again. I'm curious if anybody else on here has noticed the same thing, and or uses music for the same reasons?

80s and 90s country music in particular, though other decades somewhat too have so many great songs for dealing with difficult emotions, and for understanding human relationships. I can always find something (or several) in my sizeable collection of songs to help me deal with whatever I'm dealing with or going through! It's been such a lifeline for me for so many years now. Decades, really. I wouldn't be the person I am without it.

For that matter, I realized not too long ago that it was the "requirements" for being a "real" country music fan during that period of time that kept me from giving up on the notion of relating to or trusting people entirely when I was growing up. Even though I wasn't connected very well to my local community, I was invested in the country music community, and what was happening in Nashville, and with my favourite artists lives.

Excuse me if this got too heavy for this thread/forum. :)

My favourites are

Memphis May Fire
Bring Me The Horizon
Polaris
Point North
Of Mice and Men
Myka, relocate
Bear tooth
Maroon 5
Drake
Quavo
Migos
Eminem
Logic
Mac Miller
Notorious B.I.G.
21 Savage
Ten Second Epic
Greater than Giants
Real Friends
Taylor Swift
In Her Own Words
The WLDLFE
The Score
A Day to Remember

I have way more..

Hmm.. this seems like a good place to bring up something I've been thinking of recently, again. I'm curious if anybody else on here has noticed the same thing, and or uses music for the same reasons?

80s and 90s country music in particular, though other decades somewhat too have so many great songs for dealing with difficult emotions, and for understanding human relationships. I can always find something (or several) in my sizeable collection of songs to help me deal with whatever I'm dealing with or going through! It's been such a lifeline for me for so many years now. Decades, really. I wouldn't be the person I am without it.

For that matter, I realized not too long ago that it was the "requirements" for being a "real" country music fan during that period of time that kept me from giving up on the notion of relating to or trusting people entirely when I was growing up. Even though I wasn't connected very well to my local community, I was invested in the country music community, and what was happening in Nashville, and with my favourite artists lives.

Excuse me if this got too heavy for this thread/forum. :)

My favourites are:

luke Bryan
Jess Moskaluke
Dan and Shay
Brooks and dunne
The Rolling Stones
Shania Twain
Kelsea Balerrini
Carrie Underwood
Taylor Swift
lowecash
Florida Georgia line

man there’s so many more I love

Heyoo to you!
... tv shows/webseries?
... bands/musicians?
... games?
... books?
What's it?

It's funny, I don't have a really specific favorite of any of those things at all! :sweatsmile:
My interests in media and pop culture change constantly and I can't pick out a specific favorite in any category. The only thing that's really stayed consistent is that I love electronic music. But I don't have a favorite artist in particular. Whatever's the most relevant of the things I'm watching or listening to or reading in the moment would be my favorite I guess.

TV: Simpsons, The Great North, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, Big Mouth, Disenchantment, The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants, The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Dennis the Menace (1959-1963), Leave It To Beaver, Two and a Half Men (first eight seasons) ALF, Rocko's Modern Life, Codename: KND, Teen Titans, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, American Dad, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Family Matters

Webseries/videos/channels: Talking Kitty Cat (RIP Steve Cash), Helluva Boss, Hazbin Hotel, Angry Video Game Nerd, SMG4, Dorkly, UkinoJoe, Rejected, JonnyEthco

Movies: Happy Gilmore, Big, Despicable Me, Minions, Billy Madison, The Simpsons Movie, Detective Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ace Ventura 1 and 2, Superbad, Inside Out, The Lion King (1994), The Cat From Outer Space, Heavy Metal, That Darn Cat (both versions), The Aristocats, Alice in Wonderland (1951)

Bands/musicians: Styx, Queen, Rush, Heart, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, David Bowie, Billy Idol, Weird Al, REO Speedwagon, Cyndi Lauper, Michael Jackson, Air Supply, Bonnie Tyler, Human League, Jean-Jacques Perrey

Video Games: Pokemon series, Bloody Roar series, Mario series, Sonic series, Guitar Hero series, Yoshi series

Card/board games: Uno, Scrabble, Skip-Bo, Scattergories, Exploding Kittens, Yahtzee, Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity

Books: Guinness World Records, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, World Almanac, word/number puzzle books, books about cats, books with random trivia, books about various media such as TV, movies, music, video games, etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom