• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are things that you would do if you were to become a NT for one week?

carlo

FIRST DAY: I'll get out of my house, meet a lot of people and make a lot of friends without being awkward.
SECOND DAY: Hangout with them and go everywhere (maybe bowling) and have some fun!
THIRD DAY: I'll be a party animal!!(HELL YEAH) Throw a party at my house and get laid for the FIRST TIME.:bounce:
FOURTH DAY: Talk to the girl who I really like and tell her what I feel without any stuttering and ****!
FIFTH DAY: I'll be a model. I'll sign up for an underwear photo shoot for a Magazine! lol;)
SIXTH DAY: I also wanna be an actor! I'll sign up for a shooting about a coming of age movie and I'll act without being clumsy!:cool:
SEVENTH DAY: Oh no this is the last day, I'll just forget everything that happened and maybe drink some kind of drug where I can erase all my memories in the last six days!! Because everything of these will never happen again.

Carlo, i was having a really cruddy day and this made me smile goofily. :)

I'm a 38 year old female diagnosed Aspie.
I think yours was so fun, i'd love it if you planned out my week for me. :D

Last edited:
1. Put on a really good disguise and see if-with my new behavior-the people I already know treat me differently
-Oh wait, if I was NT, i might think that was crazy. (plus no disguise could be good enough to fool people you know well. But if one could...)
2. Go on a lot of job interviews (I can usually get interviews-I've got a good resume, apparently) and see if an NT with my qualifications is more likely to be hired. (Of course, once the week was up and my new employer got to meet the real me, it might be interesting. ("interesting" is a euphemism))
3. Take off my disguise and see if people in my life treat me differently, even knowing it's me, with my new behavior.

Wait...who knows what I would do. The above are are what my Aspie self has planned, but if I turned NT, my Neurotypical self might end up having other ideas.

I would casually walk into my local pub one evening on my own and strike up a conversation with folk without feeling nervous and awkward. I would also get the train to London on my own and do some site seeing and shopping without feeling self conscious and awkward.

Hmm, I'd probably try to be outgoing and make some friends. Maybe then I'd try to be all confident and make some big move like apply to school for a new career in my passion. Although then again would I be as obsessed about my passion if I were NT? If not then maybe I wouldn't do that. This is tough, I don't know what the NT "me" would like to do and if it is compatible with what I think I would like to do if I were. Ahh circular thinking! :eek: Oh well, guess I'd stick to the friends thing.

Except that the instant you actually caught the NT bug, your views on hiding out would instantly change!

I had to smile a little: that may be true! BUT, then again, NTs are not all alike any more than Aspies are. While they tend to be more sociable than we are, they are not all social butterflies. Unless I really got injected with a truly heavy dose of NT serum, I'd probably be as I described: still in my trusty Aspie cave wondering why I was feeling so different hoping it would wear off before I did something uncharacteristic I'd regret later.

I had to smile a little: that may be true! BUT, then again, NTs are not all alike any more than Aspies are. While they tend to be more sociable than we are, they are not all social butterflies. Unless I really got injected with a truly heavy dose of NT serum, I'd probably be as I described: still in my trusty Aspie cave wondering why I was feeling so different hoping it would wear off before I did something uncharacteristic I'd regret later.

Yes. Like me when I've accidentally drunk too much wine. :redface:(and it only ever is by accident)While some people become more giddy and talkative under the influence of alcohol, I keep my mouth tight shut, and sit there feeling embarrassed, waiting to return to my usual self.

Nothing that I couldn't do or try now comes in mind. And even if did, I'd not probably do it then because of totally different view of life would potentially bring so much new desires and interests. Yeah, I though about it too right away. Maybe body and it's capabilities wouldn't describe life as much anymore, and even it I was to remember and give value to how I was as aspie, as NT I'd not have any forcing reason to live under that shadow, I'd not owe anything to former aspie-me.

I think it's pretty much what happens to poor people who suddenly become rich, or something like that. They might not instantly forget how life was before, but they have so much new challenges or pursues of interest ahead of them, that for most there's no reason to live for the past. Even helping others in same situation would feel difficult in many cases, as there really isn't one situation for all less fortuned. Or aspies.

Get a quick diagnosis to be an NT, and then... immediately apply for jobs in sales companies and other corporations I always wanted to work. When I become an Autie back again, I may decline in performance, but at least I had a few days having a job I like. :)

I don't think I would find it that interesting as I already due to my beloved High School know what it is like to be popular
and socially successful just among my fellow aspies. NT's opinions don't mean squat to me and they are annoying.
Probably use it for some interviews and get a lot done since being around lots of people would not bother me as much.

I'd go out and meet more people. That's about it. I'm already doing that but I feel like I'd have more success with that if I was neurotypical. hmmm.

I'd go out and meet more people.

Define success. At least, to me, if success is being more able to do what we like, say, higher readership on our Facebook posts and more views on our YouTube channels, then it doesn't matter whether we are NTs for a week or not. We just have one week. Don't know whether this means, well, 15 seconds of 'fame' if we become as extroverted as salespeople?

Not everyone will enjoy what you say or represent, as we are mostly motivated by the same old things, namely, family, love and the things that support both.

It is indeed true we will connect better with others if we are in sync with others' behaviors and thoughts. But then, we will lose the very special things that make us special.

The fellow who would talk about Pitbull, the drought and the hot and dry weather, who looks quite sociable but odd, will definitely just be another guy, if he was an NT.

Time is indeed short for us. It's not just about one week as an NT, or a year. Thinking of which, following my post, that one week of NT will give me one extra opportunity to experience what I will not experience if I am still the same old me. But I have only one life, at any given time. I treasure whatever I have, and do whatever I can, to maximize my potentials as though I have one more second to live.

I mean that I would go out in public and initiate conversations more often with more confidence. I already have a tiny bit of a knack for it already as an Aspie but I just feel like if I were neurotypical I'd feel more comfortable doing that.

I'd go to all horsey shows and events, trying to meet people sharing my interests and find a friend.

New Threads

Top Bottom