• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are the Funnest Ages to be Around a Kid?

Best Ages of Kids To Be Around

• Babies and Toddlers

• Tweens and Young Teens

• Older Teenagers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I really love children, and they make me laugh every time I'm around them. I love being a mother. My child is my world.

There are certain ages where a kid is just hilarious, well behaved, and mischievous. Every moment is a treasure.

What are your favorite ages of kids to be around?

Last edited:
From my own children? There was never anything but a fun age until after 10. Marvelous magical time - until puberty starts in. That's when they decided I was useless and old and embarrassing. It was difficult to get them to be around either of us. I suppose that is the nature of growing up and individuating. Though my daughter did start to appreciate Daddy again in her later teens.

Even changing diapers at 3 am can be joyful.

My contrarian child was "fun" if you like serious and thoughtful. Watching him connect to the world and see him develop into an adult was an amazing experience. He still manages to amaze me with his innate wisdom.

But he was never silly and didn't care much for play. By age 3 he was upset at me for lying about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. He saved his gift money and had the entire Miles Davis collection by age 8. By age 9 he was correcting the volunteers at the aquarium about the species of fish on display.

Yes, he probably is on the spectrum but when he took the A.Q. test he scored 22.

Yes. The beautiful memories. My daughter made me smile so much. She was a joy. She loved to play with rocks, and bounce up and down. Love all those memories. She got her own kitten at age 5. Never saw such a delighted child. That kitten provided her with so much love. RIP Cutie.

I ticked every box. But having fun isn't a requirement for me. They always need you, even when they say they don't. When they're adults, it can be different I guess.

My grandson - between the ages of 18 months to 2 yrs.

Some imagination and independent thought begins.
No longer a pure, immediate reaction to immediate environment ie, trigger, response, trigger, response, trigger, response...
but some problem solving and use of memory to try to predict outcome.

Mostly to manipulate adult behaviour in so much that he hopes he can get what he wants.

Some call this stage the 'Terrible Twos'
I find it the most amusing & amazing stage of development.

Yes, he has more ideas than vocabulary to describe those ideas and frustration will follow but to watch him put the information he's collected over the past two years to use to assist him in all areas of his daily discoveries is quite something.
He's also developing a sense of humour :)

Because I have a rough idea of the developmental stage he's at I find I'm more (inwardly) amused at his attempts to fulfil his desires.

Because I know what he's up to and what's motivating him,
I secretly admire the way he constructs his cunning plans to sweet talk more ice cream out of his grandad, later bedtimes, dessert before main course at meal times, every toy he owns out at the same time and not help put them away etc. :)

He's realised his efforts are wasted on me. He knows resolute & stoic when he sees it.
But it's amusing to watch him play the unsuspecting like a fiddle, in the hope of getting what he wants :)

Last edited:
Every age can be fun in their own way, but my personal favorite age is around 4-5 years old. They're so curious and chatty, and they ask interesting questions about everything. I love explaining things to kids that age.

Every age can be fun in their own way, but my personal favorite age is around 4-5 years old. They're so curious and chatty, and they ask interesting questions about everything. I love explaining things to kids that age.
Yes! As well as being a parent, I've held volunteer positions working exclusively with kindergarteners. I just love their open enthusiasm and unashamed curiosity. The whole world is so new to them, and they really just take it all in.

I too have volunteered in junior schools and running various clubs for 10yrs & under,
but what I enjoy above all else is being a grandparent.
Twice as much fun with only half the responsibility. :)

I too have volunteered in junior schools and running various clubs for 10yrs & under,
but what I enjoy above all else is being a grandparent.
Twice as much fun with only half the responsibility. :)
I have been a scout troop leader for kindergarten girls, and I've been an assistant P.E. teacher for kinders. OMG I LOVE that age.

It takes A LOT of energy to run around with them. They're like a litter of kittens, running every which way, and every one of them wants to talk to you, be like you, play with you, learn from you, and have you acknowledge them when they're pouting. They're just so cute.

I have enjoyed every age. But right now I am having the most fun with my daughter. Today we went to a living history village that had multiple time periods. It started in the 18th century with a recreated native village, then the 1830s, and 1860s. We bought her as close to period clothing because she likes to play the part.

With my son I appreciate the time more now than I did with my daughter because I was going through serious struggles at the time when she was his age.

New Threads

Top Bottom