• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some things that you prefer done the "wrong" way instead of the "correct" way?

LadyS

One eye permanently raised it seems...
V.I.P Member
What are some things you prefer the "wrong" way according to the majority?

Few of mine:

I don't like my noodles "al dente", I prefer them slightly overcooked. I also break up any long noodles like spaghetti or ramen before boiling.

I prefer putting butter on my bread before toasting.

I prefer washing dishes in cooler water than warm/hot.

I like to scramble my enchiladas, beans and rice together and eat it like mush (my brother used to get scolded for eating it this way, but then I tried it once and never went back).

I have more if I can remember to post later.. what are yours?

Last edited:
Mostly related to cooking. My mom always tells me to not put in so and so ingredients bc they dont go together and it is the wrong way

I don't like my noodles "al dente", I prefer them slightly overcooked. I also break up the spaghetti noodles before boiling.
I agree with this one.
I also like my veg cooked soft, not crunchy like most people have them.

I don't like my noodles "al dente", I prefer them slightly overcooked. I also break up any long noodles like spaghetti or ramen before boiling.

I prefer putting butter on my bread before toasting.

I like to scramble my enchiladas, beans and rice together and eat it like mush (my brother used to get scolded for eating it this way, but then I tried it once and never went back).
These are me too. Not always for enchiladas, but often for foods in general I like them mixed. Or at least put some of each on my spoon or fork at a time :)
There are many things that I'd rather do a complicated way (just to figure it out and then get used to it) than easier ways other people say are better. Yeah, easier, but is it really as complete or accurate as I want that way? Can't think of good examples at the moment but I'll post if I do.

I have been sitting here thinking about it for 10 minutes. But I really cannot come up with something. When I do think of something the thought right after is. But is that actually the wrong way? Is overcooked noodles wrong? For an italian it might be. But whenever I eat in a chinese restaurant the noodles always seem to be somewhat overcooked.
And I can use this type of reasoning for a lot of different things.

Eating the crust of the pizza before the rest.
Yes! I do the same thing. I like to save the best for last.

The main one I can think of is that I open the banana from the stubby end. I heard people ask me later why I open bananas like monkeys, but I honestly had no idea they use the same method. To me it's just easier, and the banana doesn't get unneccessarily squished.

I eat burgers with no condiments. Just the buns, lettuce and the bean patty.

Eating fries without ketchup.

Eating pasta without tomato sauce (texture really bothers me). I will eat macaroni with the cheese an an exception.

I just don't have sauce with most food in general really if the sauce isn't part of the food itself (like pizza). Curry is the one exception but that's only for certain occasions.

Eating fries without ketchup.
ooh yeah, this for me too. Ketchup is disgusting to me. Sweet and vinegary in a bad way. I like my fries with mayo, or I'll make my own sauce for dipping (for carry out or frozen fries), if I don't like them plain.

I used to think I don't like chocolate, but then I found out that I just don't like milk chocolate. The darker it is, the more I like it. But baking chocolate is just a little too bitter without some sort of sweetener. I have had roasted cacao beans ground up in my coffee before too, but I ran out a few years back. Really nice, but not worth finding again.

Apparently it's 'wrong' to eat macaroni and cheese with a spoon but that's the way I've always done it.
Nothing wrong with that. If you like your food and want to eat fast, the best way is to use a spoon as more food goes on a spoon than a fork. I do this a lot. People with poor motor skills or other issues also use spoons all the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom