• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some normal things you will never do, or never do again?

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
Stuff like going to the club, going to a sports games. I have a few on my list, but am not going to list them, since I would leave none for you guys.

Personally I find purely social occasions involving high densities of humans anything but "normal". :eek:

But that's just me. However this also reminds of that saying, "Never say never" as well. ;)

Except in my own case I don't see me going on any blind dates in the near future. :p

Stuff like going to the club, going to a sports games. I have a few on my list, but am not going to list them, since I would leave none for you guys.
Going to a sports game has never been normal to me ;) . I’ve been in two baseball games, and two soccer games (in my whole life) because of ex boyfriends that I had a long time ago. There it is, I would never go to a game if a guy asks me to:D.

I will never (again) make my kids participate in shows, plays, or any other events in their school or community (trick or treats, or even birthday parties) if they don’t want to go. Actually, this year we skipped almost all school related events

Last edited:
I once attended a Raiders/Forty-Niners game in Kezar Stadium.

Seriously, I felt more like I had inadvertently entered a gang fight. Where I spent little time watching the game, instead being focused on all the flying glass objects going over my head. :eek:

Though frankly I'd like to attend at least one Raiders game in Las Vegas in the future. :cool:

I am unlikely to go to nightclubs or parties ever again including New Year's Eve parties and probably not even other events, I never did really get on well at these types of venues and events, but now I'm simply too old.

Sadly I can no longer drive purely because of health issues through no fault of my own.

I doubt I will ever attend a football match again, I was never really into football to start with, but I supported Aston Villa and went to quite a few matches for a while including the Wembley Coca Cola cup final in 1996 (now known as the League Cup) when I had a friend who was very passionate about it.

What even is normal?

I agree that it's a difficult question because one person's "normal" might not be another's, but if I had to define "normal" in this case I'd say it's something that a large number of people do that is accepted by the vast majority of people.

Edit: For the Oxford English Dictionary definition of "normal" please click here.

Last edited:
I'll never be normal again, being normal is normal right? Actually I never was..

> Go to a club (only went like three or four times)
> Drink
> Date or get laid (too many emotions, and quirks to deal with, and stds)
> Rent my own apartmet or room (avoiding psycho roommates and landlords)
> Drive (Requires too much focus, expensive)
> Own a cell (Requires a contract, also expensive)
> Eat out, or go to a coffee shop (Expensive)
> Go to an EB games (bad experience, please dont ask...)
> Have Facebook

Thats all I can think of right now.

Last edited:
This is a very good thread!

Travel. Oh god
Go back to school. Oh god, again.

Other than that, I really nixed it all. I don't do a lot of stuff anymore.

The flipside is what do you do now?

Read, gym, eat the same foods every day, call the family, read some more. Check Aspie Central (YAY) , pet the cats, and well.........................block it all out?

All secular holidays and as you mention clubs, well I loved clubs once, but as soon as the music world got into rap, I found no pleasure in them and then, I became a christian and so, from there, I never been to another nightclub.

62e0a868f0356dc3e99cfd68d9b24276.jpg

Well, given my health issues, I doubt I'll ever really do any hiking or backpacking again. I will always love the mountains though.

I was going to say n ever, ever for the following but then @Chance commented and so I guess he's right. Here is a list of what I hope I never do again. So, let's see..... be on the board of a non-profit. I hope I will never, ever get talked into that again, ever. Go to a convention that is open to the general public and involves parties. Pub night. College graduations, too big and can't see how it matters if I am there or not. And a lot of stuff others have mentioned such as FB and drinking.

I was going to say n ever, ever for the following but then @Chance commented and so I guess he's right. Here is a list of what I hope I never do again. So, let's see..... be on the board of a non-profit. I hope I will never, ever get talked into that again, ever. Go to a convention that is open to the general public and involves parties. Pub night. College graduations, too big and can't see how it matters if I am there or not. And a lot of stuff others have mentioned such as FB and drinking.

I recant... I think these should be "nevers" : )

I guess, in short, I WILL NEVER (YES-- NEVER NEVER NEVER) TRY TO ACT NORMAL AGAIN!!

Never again will I go somewhere on vacation. Pay tons of money to be somewhere other than home? No thank you, people have to pay ME for me to do that.

New Threads

Top Bottom