• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Western Astrology Signs

Curious about people's thoughts on it in general. Also, do you think your sign suits you?

Course, there's also... what's it called.... your natal chart. Depending on your location of birth, time of birth, maybe some other things... You'll have more to it than just your core sign. Each planet representing an aspect of you, gets a assigned a sign. But people tend to think most about their rising sign, sun sign (core), and moon sign. I get the same natal chart each website I use, so I'm assuming that it's accurate.

I would normally be inclined to believe it means nothing. But all my family fits their signs and compatibilities too well. My sister is into the topic so it got me thinking.

I have Leo and it doesn't show. I'm shy and have adapted to restrain myself. Internally, no others would be as accurate. Aquarius rising and Sagittarius moon. Fire Fire Air. Oh yeah, did I mention there's elements?

I'm not that into astrology but in the Chinese system I'm a dragon ... and I'd say that I have some dragon like traits ... but in western astrology I am an Aquarius and I also have a lot of those traits ... but ... I have no idea if I really believe any of that stuff. I would never do something like use it to pick a romantic partner ... or not higher someone because they were a lazy astrology sign or something like that.

My core sign of Aries, element fire and ruling planet of Mars the God of War fit my personality.
But as you mentioned about the natal chart, it is truly needed as you may have much more
of another sign or element than your main core sign.
That is the reason the sun sign (core sign) may not fit.

I had a natal chart done in my teens and found it very accurate.
My moon is in Gemini and ascending is Leo. Those are the two other main signs you need to know
that go with your sun sign. Then look at how the three mix for a more accurate interpretation.
Also in the natal chart you can see what signs the planets were in and those elements also.

I slightly believe in it, don't understand it, but, the natal chart was so accurate and most people have
fit their main sun sign traits that I've known.

I don't know a lot about Astrology, but, it can be fun to see if the natal chart fits.
And in Chinese I am a rooster!

I don't really subscribe to it myself. But a friend once did my chart and said I was an old soul from Atlantis! I like to believe that part. :D But don't say anything or I might get deported.

I have too much experience with Astrology to toss it aside. It's actually proved itself to me in very profound ways. But just sun signs? That's like saying you know what someone is like because they're male or female. lol. Definitely takes a full chart.

I'm much along the lines of Carl Jung's attitude. Very interested in the depths of human behavior and trying to come to grips with that both in measurable, tangible ways and in more mystical, indescribable ways.

I can understand why ancient societies and cultures attempted to explain things they did not understand by looking at celestial events or eye color or tossing chicken bones on the ground to see how they aligned when they fell or contents of pig entrails. But modern people, in the scientific age?

My sun sign of Aquarius does fit me somewhat. Got a feeling a number of other signs would too... but out of any 12 broad categories or is it 13 , some would fit more, some less... I am a sceptic, but I do believe there's plenty we don't understand, and some of it could include fairies elves star signs and Narnia. That wasn't sarcasm btw, I really think it.

I love reading fiction with a magical tinge or fantasy edge. And science fiction, what about science fiction Mary Terry! It's Science Jim, but not as we know it! Cue star trek original series theme tune. And now I m typing on a tablet just like those that Capn Kirk used... aha.

I'm technically a Leo. But I was born on the Cancer cusp during a Cancer moon. I have more Cancer traits but do have some Leo traits. I find it interesting but don't let it make or break any of my life decisions.

But I did read somewhere that your sign is how other see you, not how you see yourself. People often see me as showing off like a Leo, even though I'm not trying to. If I was NT and had superb social skills then I might feel like a Leo too.

The Gemini sign of a twin symbol kind of suits me as it does represent my two-sided personality of being loud sometimes and quiet most times.

New Threads

Top Bottom