• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

West Coast / Pacific NW Heat Wave

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
Stay safe and hydrated everyone! :)

hd20-2.jpg

page-1-42.jpg

LOL...we sure got "hydrated" today.

It hardly ever rains here in the desert, but this afternoon we got quite a thunderstorm. Though with enough rain to dodge the usual dry lightning concerns. Otherwise, yeah another round of triple digits. But it is summer now, and this (Reno) is the High Desert.

Round Two may come tomorrow with more of the same. Rain is welcome, but lightning? Not so much here. The hills are covered in cheat grass, which is little more than an incendiary bomb ready to go off.

Last edited:
And it's heading out to Alberta next week... They are predicting three days of mid-30's Celcius temperatures, that's almost unheard of here, I will be wilting in the house those days except when I go to work... A semi-air conditioned warehouse

And it's heading out to Alberta next week... They are predicting three days of mid-30's Celcius temperatures, that's almost unheard of here, I will be wilting in the house those days except when I go to work... A semi-air conditioned warehouse

I've been there in the early summer. Brutal- especially near any water sources with all the mosquitoes.

I've been there in the early summer. Brutal- especially near any water sources with all the mosquitoes.

It depends where you are in the province, there is a very dry area in the southern section of Alberta which is known for rather hot temperatures, plus Drumheller and the Badlands... Look up Palliser's Triangle for more on that... Palliser's Triangle - Wikipedia

Here in Calgary at a higher altitude closer to the mountains, the historical average of days above 30 Celcius, is about five, we're crushing that average this year already!

Anticipating the heat, I put the sprinklers on all through the yard yesterday. There was a welcome cool flow last night. Thank goodness for the air cleaner which softly pushes air over the bed and makes its comforting white noise too.
I keep a carafe of water on my nightstand, & then keep it with me during the day. Keeping hydrated helps on all levels.
I hope everyone stays safe & as comfortable as possible.

This town has a volunteer fire department which calls its members to action with a siren. (Like an air raid siren) I don’t want to hear that thing, especially during this hot dry season.

We're just getting over our heat wave in the southwest US. Utah had record highs for June, at 104'F. Now the highs are just in the 90s, which is still record for this time of year. Stay safe, everyone.

Anticipating the heat, I put the sprinklers on all through the yard yesterday. There was a welcome cool flow last night. Thank goodness for the air cleaner which softly pushes air over the bed and makes its comforting white noise too.
I keep a carafe of water on my nightstand, & then keep it with me during the day. Keeping hydrated helps on all levels.
I hope everyone stays safe & as comfortable as possible.

This town has a volunteer fire department which calls its members to action with a siren. (Like an air raid siren) I don’t want to hear that thing, especially during this hot dry season.

I keep a large glass of ice water beside the bed at night and drink ice water all day, every day. I think I'm addicted to it. I even carry an insulated container of ice water in my car.

And half of my country opposes science and education, embracing the greed that is causing more extreme weather worldwide even though the people making all the cash will end up killing a large portion of the world's population, including most of their blind and idiotic anti-science followers.

My weather app says where I live we will have highs of 44 ºC (111.2 ºF) this Monday. Starting tomorrow, the temperature will be rising, and then it will fall slightly on Tuesday... to 36 ºC (96.8 ºF). :confounded:

• strange weather had to turn the heat on at night for the last few days, not normal for this late in June

You're getting our weather, and you're getting ours then. Normally, we get what's called "June Gloom", where the weather is about 60 and rainy until a little after the 4th of July.
Not only did we not get much June Gloom, We didn't get much May Grey, either. Went right from April to summer.

...we’re all gonna die.

We will, one day.

Houston is wicked hot, but it’s always wicked hot here except for the icemageddon we had a few months ago. We’re heading north this year, we want some of this canadian weather you speak of. North/western or mid states are on our radar to retire this year. Still looking, houses are stupid expensive now.

HOUSES are stupid up here also Greater Toronto area (GTA) great place to live lake effect really moderates the temperature in winter and summer. Golden horseshoe also good.

Update... At least six days in a row next week of at least 30 Celsius (86F), many of those days 35 Celcius... :eek: The first time in over 100 years it has been that hot here in Calgary...
July 1st (Canada Day) there is a car show in an open field, supposed to be one of the ultra hot days, I want to go... Craving classic cars and not getting enough classic car action lately, but that will be a rather challenging day for me... But I will want to be there! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
YOU would not believe how nice the weather over here is now. could not get better.should be a good summer once the lockdown from covid ends.

New Threads

Top Bottom