• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

went to a car show...

Nemesis_2k7

Nemesis2k7
went with my brother. to test myself and see what i can an cannot handle. after about 3 hours, i started feeling ...off. i found i was losing "touch" with my surroundings. i felt weird. my body start doing its twitching thing it does, and i got the "farts" but badly and loudly. which i know, funny. but i noticed allot of these things all go together, when i am stressed or overwhelmed. its only after i got home, these things affecting me, started to cease. and i felt more "down to earth" and then i fell asleep. today, my leg muscles hurt, around my shins, and hips. and i feel tired, i am un cordinated, dropping everything, and feeling irritable. anyone share some light on this? anyone else similar?

A lot of people and sounds and movement and everything at a car show. I have a few times had to leave similar places to take a break, because it just wore me out. Too much at once. I was at a very big shopping center right in the middle of the Christmas rush. For a while it was like competing in the Iron Man competition, just a little more stressing.

What kind of car show was it by the way? Any muscle cars?
muscle cars, turbo cars, all sorts lol. packed full of cars

went with my brother. to test myself and see what i can an cannot handle. after about 3 hours, i started feeling ...off. i found i was losing "touch" with my surroundings. i felt weird. my body start doing its twitching thing it does, and i got the "farts" but badly and loudly. which i know, funny. but i noticed allot of these things all go together, when i am stressed or overwhelmed. its only after i got home, these things affecting me, started to cease. and i felt more "down to earth" and then i fell asleep. today, my leg muscles hurt, around my shins, and hips. and i feel tired, i am un cordinated, dropping everything, and feeling irritable. anyone share some light on this? anyone else similar?
So now you know you can handle 2 hours. That's a good thing!

When stressed and anxiety strikes, these physical things strike many times also.
The feeling of unreality and not grounded is called depersonalization.
It won't hurt you. It's your brain's way of trying to protect you by creating a withdrawel
that feels awful. Don't know how it helps. Goes back to the lizard brain, I guess.
It over produces Dopamine.

I get it too, and getting away from the event that started it is the only way to get rid of it.
I asked my therapist about it and this is what she told me.

The farts are from the emotions creating tension in the digestive system.
It can also make constipation or diarrea and IBS.

The next day aches could be fibromyalgia. Stress usually brings a flare of it.
A doctor can diagnose Fibro. Could just be left over aches from tense muscles too.
I find heat packs and relaxation to recover the next day is essential.
A little Ibuprofen helps me also.

Problem is if the stress is constant, everyday, from some life trauma you are going through,
it can affect the entire nervous system and jump start immune system disorders.
This can lead to a slough of actual physical disorders.
I know. I'm going through it.
My doctors are trying to find out what has gone wrong with my immune system as
I have developed large nerve neuropathy interferring with my abitlity to walk.

Some things I have no control over, but, daily meditation and, yes, finding how much you
can tolerate before your symptoms start is important.
I have gradually learned to tolerate more and can do more than I thought I ever could.
But, the PTSD has taken it's toll.

Take care and be mindful. Talk to a doctor about it if you need.
I wish you all the best.

When stressed and anxiety strikes, these physical things strike many times also.
The feeling of unreality and not grounded is called depersonalization.
It won't hurt you. It's your brain's way of trying to protect you by creating a withdrawel
that feels awful. Don't know how it helps. Goes back to the lizard brain, I guess.
It over produces Dopamine.

I get it too, and getting away from the event that started it is the only way to get rid of it.
I asked my therapist about it and this is what she told me.

The farts are from the emotions creating tension in the digestive system.
It can also make constipation or diarrea and IBS.

The next day aches could be fibromyalgia. Stress usually brings a flare of it.
A doctor can diagnose Fibro. Could just be left over aches from tense muscles too.
I find heat packs and relaxation to recover the next day is essential.
A little Ibuprofen helps me also.

Problem is if the stress is constant, everyday, from some life trauma you are going through,
it can affect the entire nervous system and jump start immune system disorders.
This can lead to a slough of actual physical disorders.
I know. I'm going through it.
My doctors are trying to find out what has gone wrong with my immune system as
I have developed large nerve neuropathy interferring with my abitlity to walk.

Some things I have no control over, but, daily meditation and, yes, finding how much you
can tolerate before your symptoms start is important.
I have gradually learned to tolerate more and can do more than I thought I ever could.
But, the PTSD has taken it's toll.

Take care and be mindful. Talk to a doctor about it if you need.
I wish you all the best.
very interesting read. thank you. i will be furthering that research, based in the information you have given me. could frequent urination also fall into PTSD, and my existing problems? also sometimes my head is "swimming" and i cannot see straight. and over the last 2 years, my eyesight has definitely gotten worse. i am in the process of trying to find a doctor to really take me seriously, and assist me. i am getting concerned. least i am learning my limits. its..sad though. i feel useless. and i am only 37

Needing to urinate a lot is another part of the fight or flight response that's triggered when you're anxious.

Personally, I found that repeated exposure to situations that provoked anxiety helped me overcome my agoraphobia. Fighting through those symptoms and fears of wanting to flee and go home.

Eventually my brain learnt that there was no reason to be fearful simply my leaving my house. Now I'm at a point where I can go out and not succumb to panic attacks or intense symptoms caused by anxiety.

It's not to say it doesn't eventually become draining being away from home. But exposure therapy can help with anxiety. It just takes a lot of persistence and tenacity. It's especially difficult as the early days, weeks, or months are the hardest. It's hard before it gets easier.

Ed

Frequent urination and or need of defecation certainly happens with anxiety and
panic attacks.
Gradually facing agoraphobia via desensatization does eventually at least limit the intensity.

The PTSD came from facing the agoraphobia and learning internalization of panic attacks
as a need for survival. Both of which I've had most of my life.
It was a burn out to my nervous system physically that resulted in
autonomic nervous system dysfunction and neuropathy that interferes with walking.
But, when it's sink or swim, what can you do?

A neurologist is the type of doctor needed for the nervous system diagnosis.
I found an Opthamologist very helpful for the vision as they can test and see
if you have Ocular neuropathy, Dry eye disease or an immune disorder that can cause
the eye problems.
My eye doctor is having fits trying to figure out the best treatment for me as I have Sicca
syndrome and is now testing for primary Sjogren's.

@Nemesis_2k7 Hang in there with the doctors. I know they want to take it all as
an anxiety problem when it may not be.
Keep researching. Knowledge is power and gets their attention.

New Threads

Top Bottom