1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Well, this is strangely awkward. Police related...

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Paul Lee, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Paul Lee

Paul Lee Well-Known Member

I was minding my own business in my flat recently. I live alone. I had police knocking on my door 2 days in a row. Since I didn't answer the door, they broke in on the second day and told me they had a warrant issued for my arrest. But I don't know how they knew I was in my accommodation as I kept quiet.

They took me to the police station, charging me with a "stalking" offence from like, a year ago or something. But at the time, that's all they said it concerned. They didn't even say who it was about. Nothing. Zip. Ages ago, I did attend at the same police station in regards to a Viper parade for an unrelated matter, per the terms of my bail conditions. However, that is in regards to something else.

Turns out I got charged over a video I made and posted online ages ago, where I just talked on a webcam about people (non-threatening) and I uploaded it to archive.org. It was basically a video, I'd say about an hour long, that consisted of me complaining about how I got treated by former support workers. And I was also ranting on and on about certain other people, like these film related people that keep on slandering me. You may recall I mentioned all of that stuff on these message boards already, so that should hopefully give you an idea of how annoying this predicament is.

Two female ex-employees of Autism Initiatives in Scotland ended up getting these non-harassment orders out against me several years ago, when I was living in supported housing in Edinburgh. This was a result of me trying to understand why they turned against me and implied I was some sort of clingy sex creep. One of the ladies had it expiring just a few months ago, as it ran from 2015 to something like May this year, I believe. Therein lays my suspicion...

About 2 years ago, I was jailed for a few months for contacting this Sara and her former boyfriend. The sheriff ended up extending these non-harassment orders to run for a total of 10 years, which means those orders will not expire until in 2028. Since Joanna was not involved in this breach from 2018, they only included Sara and this guy that she dated. So Joanna's non-harassment order has expired. The police also told me her current address.

So this suggests to me (and my mother kind of agrees) that the police showing up was deliberate, as they must somehow be aware that Joanna's restraining order has expired. So they probably likely assumed that I would perhaps try to contact her too, and so they needed any excuse, no matter how minor, to come and arrest me. Since this was supposedly from "May or September last year" as they put it across, with no specified date of when the offence occurred, why did they wait all this time to badger me about it? And it was not a breach of that order anyway. There's no law saying you cannot spew about your opinions in regards to how a person has treated you. And the way I see it, I ought to have gotten charged for mentioning those other people too, going by their logic.

In the video, I never committed an offence, such as by threatening anyone. There's nothing in these orders stating I cannot talk about someone, or it would be there. There is one order, stating I cannot talk about this musician who was associated with a band called Wah! from Liverpool, as he accused me of harassing him a few years ago. It's just that I cannot contact these women who used to be my support workers, and I'm also on court bail for saying things in a separate video about these film people who kept costing me acting roles, by spreading stories about me behind the scenes. They also recently charged me for contacting somebody's place of employment to complain, because she was having me blackballed.

Last year, I was arguing with trolls in a live stream, which they broadcast to this YouTube channel as we were using Discord. This is because we were talking about the Resident Evil games, and did not see eye to eye, and they accused me of pestering them. For some reason, they mentioned this actress named Nicolette about 10 minutes into the broadcast, so now I have acquired evidence that she did talk about me to other people in the industry.

So seeing as how I also spoke about Sara in this video, and various other people I have beef with, how come the police did not charge me or ask me about any of that stuff while they were at it? I'm sure I mentioned that singer as well, which would therefore be a breach of that order. This suggests to me that this is kind of being done on purpose. Even my own lawyer did not understand why I was arrested, as so much time had gone past.

What do you think? Without much to go by other than by reading through my prior threads, you may be confused as to what all of this is about. It is basically all to do with people making allegations against me, some of which I feel are being falsified or exaggerated. Now I'm trying to get things dealt with via small claims cases, as money I contributed to some film productions was not refunded, after they denied me what they were advertising. But unfortunately, this COVID-19 situation going on throughout the world today has been causing quite the setback when it comes to places opening back up. But I did receive some paperwork from the court, which I'm working on just now. Plus, I'll be adding covering letters.

I hope this carry on gets resolved soon, as I'm so sick and tired of dealing with this crap.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. SDRSpark

SDRSpark Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Sounds like you need a lawyer. This seems like something that's too big/broad/complex to try to handle on your own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paul Lee

I have a lawyer. I've had the same solicitor for the past 6 years.

The courts have a backlog of cases to deal with, so it's anyone's guess as to when I can take action against those who are causing me all of this unneeded hassle. For I do have some forms, but there's so many people involved in this situation, that it's going to take some doing.

Spending ages writing up letters about everything they put me through makes me sleepy. It's a boring task, but also one I feel is necessary to explain my side of things. Not that I think any sheriff will fully listen, giving what they did to me previously, and they stopped my sister from seeing her kids.

Considering I've been screwed over repeatedly for years, I doubt I'm going to have a successful outcome from pursuing this. In fact, I feel like they've stolen my life. You cannot really gain any jobs if you have too many convictions on your record, and it's only getting worse by the year. But I didn't breach that court order, since I only made a video talking about what happened.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Jumpback

Jumpback Well-Known Member

I feel like stalking and harassment and so on restraining orders are sort of biased against men. Like a couple gets in an angry accusatory fight, and the woman can file a restraining order and get support while the guy looks strange for doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same complaints. Women being weaker physically, there is sense to this as men can injure women far easier than women can injure men, but this doesn’t make the inequality exactly right either.

But I just don’t know about the background enough to give further input, except to advise you to try to find things to involve yourself with, like hobbies and so on that don’t involve frustrating other people once this gets resolved, because other people are always going to do something inconsistent and holding on to things and trying to find a way to cause things to be made right or whatever is problematic.

One kind of just has to walk away from frustrating and inconsistent and hypocritical people instead of hoping to find a way to make things right.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kalinychta

Kalinychta Well-Known Member

Problem is, we only have your side of the story, so it’s impossible for anyone here to give you responsible advice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

This sounds like a big mess. You sound basically screwed. Why would this many people target you? Think l would stay away from YouTube if groups of people are getting restraining orders with your name on them. Do you think that you somehow misjudged how you acted? It's a possibility.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Paul Lee

I think I can remember how this started...

I was having an argument with a service user because we liked the same girl, from Fife. She broke up with him and eventually stopped going to this Number 6 venue where I reside. It's a place for autistic people to go to for support and for organised activities, such as movie nights and playing chess.

Well, we were on Messenger on Facebook, this guy and myself. He was talking about my personal hygiene and how people notice that, but that they don't say anything as they're too polite, and telling me to get better clothes. And I linked him to a website to prove that trolls online had been bothering me over the years. He also said I wear my joggers up too high, and compared me to a character in a TV show, claiming his girlfriend found the reference funny as well. Well, I seen him around the supported accommodation in the staff flat, although he wasn't a resident. Sometimes, I just happened to see him in the staff flat at night.

Later on, I found out from my sister he admitted to saying things to Sara, the Spanish woman who was my key worker at the time. It also did not help matters when I went around telling people I had a fancy for her. Rather than pulling me aside and talking to me about it, they must have started gossipping behind my back. It wasn't the first time they did that either. There was one guy I played pool with a lot, and I suspect it was him who grassed me up.

Anyway, I noticed she started acting more firm just before or after Christmas. Quite bossy, actually. And on Christmas Eve, we were in the staff flat. Nobody else was really around. But I was watching a movie on a laptop at the table in the kitchen, and then she began behaving in a weird way. This was days after she had acted strange on a bus, and admitted she knew people were aware I had romantic feelings for her. When she upset me and had me close to crying, I just put my arm around her on the bus, and said she was my Latina pal, or whatever. It was something that may be considered inappropriate, but not exactly bad or anything. I just didn't know how to react. My instinct just told me to do something friendly.

That night, she made a passing remark: "I need to stretch my legs" and moved her seat over to the sink behind the breakfast bar. I didn't really think of what to say, so I replied with, "I'm not going to touch you". Later on, I gave her gifts; I think I bought her a jar of coffee, a diary, and a hot water bottle, with a gift bag to carry it all in. The next day though, I felt really miserable.

Around February of 2014, she had a shift with me where I tried to bake a cake. I don't quite recall if it was half a shift, as I had a habit of sleeping during the day. She seemed to be much better. And keep in mind, they had removed Joanna months beforehand because I asked her out. Although I offered an apology, she just decided to drop me. After that, the bosses lied and said she was still my support worker, when it wasn't true at all. When months went by and I suspected they were lying, I said something to her or about her on Facebook. They tried to say that's why Joanna was removed, but even the court made out she asked for it. So it was like I was baited into doing something, so they could pin it on how I reacted.

Anyway, after they removed Sara, they said they had a meeting arranged for in March. So meanwhile, I asked about Sara. This one guy kept acting all nice and I could see he was faking it. He would say, "Sara is still your key worker, but she is just busy". Well, one day I seen Sara in the staff flat, which was next to my home. Basically, you'd open my door and their door was opposite mine. When I tried to chat to Sara, she acted odd. The guy who was a senior overheard me and walked in, with a dumb smile on his face. Later that day, I sent an email, basically saying really hardcore insults, as I felt like they deceived me.

When I did go to a meeting, they said that Sara couldn't be my key worker again. I spent months feeling bitter. Once I seen her up the road. She ran away and jumped into a taxi. They assured me Sara was shaken up, but they would not pursue the matter.

Months later, I seen Sara and her boyfriend in a club, as part of an event to raise money. Outside, I had a word with him about our falling out. He seemed okay with it. Days later though, I seen Sara with a client and attempted to talk to her. She shouted at me to, "Get away, as she was talking to Scott" and after that charade, I snapped. They called the cops because I started kicking the door.

Over the course of that year, they had me arrested under suspicious circumstances. For example, I asked Sara to go to a Costa to try to resolve our differences. Staff called the cops and they used the spare keys to come in, and I was arrested. The next day though, when I asked the staff about that, they said they didn't know about it. And after I got remanded in jail eventually, they just told my mother, "We could have handled things better". Since that time, I've been in jail a lot and all because I sent apologies on Facebook to Sara and Joanna. The prison transferred me, labelling me as a sex offender. Sheriff Crowe (who was a more fair sheriff) said that was not true. Great insults last a long time, however.

That was basically my life all but destroyed. They also got me to declare away my tenancy on a blank piece of paper, when I went to see the manager in 2015. But that's illegal, right?

And there's more to talk about, but I can't. It would take hours to compose all of the text. Plus, my phone's keyboard is jerking about.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  8. Aspychata

You might consider anger management courses. Somebody should have mention this earlier to you. I also hear thru your words that you may have a hard time understanding boundaries of females in general and this has caused your legal issues along with the anger. Until you actually can accept responsibility for these issues, only then can you slowly work on the legalities. Can you comprehend this?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Paul Lee

10. WildCat

WildCat V.I.P Member

This is something you need to take up with someone skilled in legal matters. You didn't get a warrant out of the blue, you refused to answer to the police (which, doesn't matter anyways, they had a warrant) and without a doubt you have gotten notice beforehand about it.

I wish you good luck in getting this sorted out, which is what you should be doing instead of sharing it online, but I'm not keen on knowing how deep this rabbit hole goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jumpback

I think that men, possibly even more some men on the autistic spectrum or with other issues don’t grasp that woman being physical weaker makes everything different.

To original poster: imagine if you were physically far weaker than almost all women and a frustrated woman was making advances towards you or sending messages or saying things that you really didn’t understand, but they could physically hurt you if they decided to. Women get scared and sometimes reactions to being scared are completely rational and sometimes not, but the women being physically weaker is always an issue.

In the group therapy I am in, this girl has issues with anger control and hit her boyfriend and the father of her child with a chair last weekend, which resulted in police being called, but police did not take her to jail, where if man had hit women with a chair he would almost certainly have been taken to jail and be facing prison time.

The issue is largely always that women just cannot physically injure men, even with chairs, very significantly if man is awake and alert but men can injure woman very easily, so woman have a reason to be concerned and afraid.

And the system is not fair at all, but one kind of has to realize that women actually can be hurt or killed, even if the guy means no physical harm, so the assumptions just naturally go against men. So just realize that if you, even if you unintentionally frighten women or just make women uncomfortable because they do not grasp autism issues, the system is always going to work against you

The two men I know who were punished at work for harassing women were both foreign born closeted gay roommates of mine who were possibly just trying to pretend to be macho ladies men who did suffer consequences at work for saying the wrong things to women, but I am the evil doers for being a roommate to these same men who one I had to physically fight off sexual assault from one and the other kicked me out and made me homeless because I failed to be a suitable life compainion because I am not gay, but explaining the issue to psychs or others or to liberal women I was around such as ex-girlfriends friends and on and on just ends up being off limits and tends to result in punishments. The rules really are just not even.

To original poster: you just have to accept the rules of realities right now because you have no choice. If you are aggressive towards women even in innocently trying to make things right too aggressively, you will get sent back to prison. You just have to accept that, even if the rules are not fair and you mean no harm and just keep being misunderstood, the rules are what the rules are, and if you do not comply or understand why women might be afraid, you will just get sent back to prison

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Paul Lee

I could see your point had I committed an offence recently, but I didn't do anything to them lately. That's the thing. In fact, I gave up caring about them ages ago for the most part. Things were depressing for me and I don't like what happened, sure, but I had not been thinking about them much at all until the police randomly arrived.

In recent years, I just wanted to take up acting as a hobby, since you don't really get many paid acting jobs in Scotland. It's not about me wanting money anyway. Unfortunately, it has been a colossal waste of my time.

I get people trying to get me blacklisted and quite often, they are successful, because people told them to do so. And a few years ago, my scenes were heavily edited out of one feature film I was in, and the director denied that people said anything to him behind my back. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. But I had a perfectly good reason to suspect that occurred, giving how it happened already. The point being, if you ask for a speaking part, then you're giving one, and you see the film, to find out they removed it, it's kind of a kick in the balls. Isn't it? Well, it made me feel like I was still at square one.

This troll from Australia has been targeting me too, and following me around the Internet. He sent the guy a message, saying I uploaded his film to Internet Archive. He also created multiple accounts on another forum and posted images of... I don't think you will want to know. But, yeah. He keeps on doing similar, pointless things like that.

Granted, scenes can be cut from a film. It just feels like this career never really got going, though. I'm also only able to get little parts in films when people don't request a DSB check. For if they did want to see that information upfront, do you think I will be employed? I'd been registered with Universal Extras for years, and when I applied for a job last year, I received no response. They ask for this stuff to be uploaded to their website. It's mandatory.

It's rare that anything brilliant gets made in Edinburgh anyway, so when something does eventually come along, you immediately get excited. But as it is, my hopes of being in anything meaningful have been dashed. Plus, I have no support whatsoever. I'd be incredibly anxious if I went by myself to these venues. Even my own doctor's surgery isn't doing anything to help me.

And like I said, I didn't contact this Joanna. So I don't know why they came to hassle me about that a few months ago. However, I suspect they were just trying it on. Nobody comes to annoy somebody after a whole year has passed about a stupid video. That is, unless they're just trying to use it as some form of an excuse to file another charge. Besides, I think they had already questioned me about that. How was I to know they were going to dredge up something from a year ago, and break into my accommodation?

This is sad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jumpback

Hey, man, I am sorry if I am off base here or just wrong or whatever, but the thing kind of is that as a fellow straight guy on the autism spectrum who doesn’t mind being questioned, things you say or do probably wouldn’t bother me very much or scare me or concern me or whatever, but since women are weaker and therefore get really scared for their personal safety and other people can misinterpret or interpret things badly or just use their power against you, you have to be careful of how you proceed to stay out of prison, and maybe anger is an issue or something.

Advice that seems to be given pretty consistently in group therapy I am in is to forget about others and try to develop hobbies and interests that have nothing to do with anyone else

I do not know if I am completely off base, but it seems like whatever keeps happening is related to police and being in and out of prison for issues with others, which is not a good way to live. Like, you can’t change reality, you have to learn to deal with the limititatiins of things to avoid this bad life of police and legal issues and prison, which might just mean accepting that things just are the way they are, even if they don’t always make much sense and can seem unfair or unresolved

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Paul Lee

This post is going to concern the Aussie guy who keeps being a nuisance.

In this video, he is mocking "Pepsi", my family's deceased Yorkshire Terrier. He was banned on Silent Hill Community a while ago for making a profile with that name.

He also hangs around the Horror Film Wiki, JoyFreak, Wikipedia, and several movie databases, using different pseudonyms.

15. Jumpback

Yeah, that video seems pretty weird just in general and potentially cruel if you are correct and it’s aimed at you, with what looks like might potentially be a dog paw and the barking at the end.

So try to think of it as f* that moron, ignore him, just some idiot online like so many other idiots online.

But I understand that things are much, much, much easier said than done sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Paul Lee

He just does this crap for attention, and he's had more than enough of that served up to him by now, due to all the times I've had to report him, talk about his antics, and you know what I mean. But he also harassed my friend and co-star in my amateur films, by sending people with takeaways to his door. He has been following me around like glue to cardboard since the summer of 2017... and this is why I cannot openly discuss my professional acting career anymore. My only lead initially was some IP address to do with Spark in New Zealand, yet they never responded to my complaints.

Anywhere that has anything about my film projects, he's usually there, vandalizing the pages, designing fake posters, or perhaps even contacting people without my consent. In fact, I have a good idea who he is too. He posted photos of himself on a forum, then I came across a Twitter profile that I think is his, just by doing a random search of people I thought I knew from that part of the world from prior years. His real name is James.

Well, he has a dog too, and he sort of admitted it was his Twitter page. I've had him bugging me for years now, however, all because I definitely know him from a really old site about Capcom that he ran. This was around 2004 or something, so this is pretty alarming.

If you don't know, Capcom is this company that made the Resident Evil games. I've had so much bother from members on those kind of forums, to the point where I was frequently abused and banned on message boards. So I reckon this is him probably aiming to have his childish "revenge" over something that happened years ago. But quite frankly, I'd never stumbled upon him for long enough, and now that he's obsessed with my life, I cannot shake him off. I've reported him to the police about 3 times now, but they won't do a thing about the guy because he's international.

On this horror encyclopedia I contribute to, he creates multiple accounts and repeats the same silly behavior. While I did tell an administrator about him signing up multiple identities, that particular admin is either inactive or retired now, since I've not seen him around for months. Well, one day he edits his current profile to say he's a Las Vegas showgirl, then another day he's making out he's a female poster designer in Finland, or a baker in Ireland, or something that's a figment of his obscure imagination. He did it on this acting wiki as well, before it was closed down. What's weird though is that he just edits articles with these accounts as normal, but he has the accounts closed, then makes even more accounts, just to edit pages about movies. So why does he do that? Sometimes, he uses more than one name at a time, as if to mentally proclaim out loud, "Ha, ha, ha. Nobody is banning me".

He made so many posts on other forums, saying I have 'fake autism', plus repeatedly saying I cannot act, and that I use my 'retard checks' to pay my way into films. And Love Forum is a mess now with no more activity, all because of him. I'd been posting there for years. He just came along, flooded it with spam, and everyone left. He only really did it there too, because there wasn't any moderators left to ban him, and he likely uses proxies as well. The admin rarely logs in, so he was able to frequently spam it up for days at a time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. SDRSpark

SDRSpark Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

You severely underestimate the physical capabilities of women and female bodied individuals.

We're not fragile.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Aspychata

This is the real crime is people who troll you but there is no way to go after them. This means l keep a very low profile and l don't visit very many sites.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. WildCat

WildCat V.I.P Member

That's what trolls do: the minute you feed them any sort of attention, they latch on to that and see how much further they can take it. Does that guy have something better to do or what?

Still doesn't take away from the fact that you have a mess on your hands that needs to be sorted out, but until you stop poking back at the idiots that's what they'll keep doing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Paul Lee

You're right, WildCat. I do have to have the right sort of representation if I want to have all of this mess rectified in court, and even my sister advised me to stop advertising my business on forums. I'm not being ungrateful towards my current lawyer, but he isn't exactly jumping at the thought of getting this sorted out, so I'd be as well to either give up or go it alone.

I'll probably have to give up on acting now too, sadly, because...

-I'm 34 years old.
    -I don't have any acting qualifications.
    -It could be argued that extra work is low-class, and NOT real acting.
    -There's too many convictions on my record.
    -I've not got an agent to find me work.
    -Too many nasty people spread tales about me.
    -Too many people are vying for even the smallest of parts.
    -The government's policy on the coronavirus means you cannot be near people anyway.

So my conclusion is that, it's better off being kept as just a hobby now. Like, it could be fun to do in a group, with other disabled or autistic people. Not any big screen or TV stuff at all, right, but just a drama class with people that probably like that sort of thing as well?

• Agree Agree x 1