• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Anything that's popular or widely liked, it made me very angry that people flock to the same things. For years I refused to have an iPhone because everyone else had one. I wanted nothing which was considered widely popular.

This even went as far as making a point to being different when I felt "normality" was being forced upon me. I'd dislike things and be quite vocal about it if it was widely popular. The olympics here made me very angry, it annoyed me that suddenly everyone was very "pro-british" and blowing our trumpet about England and as soon as it ended they all lost interest in being patriotic.

Stuff like that really winds me up.

I really don't like Ford's because of the same iPhone reason, I see them as character-less boxes for those with no imagination (no disrespect intended). Although now I'm a bit older I'm trying to look at stuff a bit more objectionably and just accept stuff that I like.

So I've had an iPhone a couple times, some Apple stuff and I like it - just as much as I like Android and Windows. But while I was trying to break through my preconceptions there was periods of time where I felt like a sheep. This made me depressed because I suddenly felt very bland, grey and a bit boring.

Don't seem to care too much now lol

I hate ads too and feel exactly like you!

On here I read that I can get rid of ads if I pay and that winds me up so much.

You have to go through all the boring task of pressing the cross and then ticking a stupid box on why you don't like the ad and then it apologises to you and says that next time they will chose better and I am thinking: shut up and go away!

I have this app on my phone that enables me to play music, but it has ads too and I hate it with a passion.

When I try to search for something on a search engine and, when showing me my results, it says at the top Did you mean?
(I know what I meant, so stop trying to guess otherwise).

It's for this reason as well that I also hate predictive text on mobile phones;

Predictive Text: "I'm just going to where? Up the Pub?"
Me: "No."
Predictive Text: "I'm just going to where? Up the Road?"
Me: "No!"
Predictive Text: "I'm just going to where? Up the Shops?"
Me: "No - Shut up!"

I have turned mine off.

People with piercings in their tongues and they insist on sticking it out so it pokes between their lips, just seeing it when they talk winds me up.
People who lisp or talk in lazy gang-land style E.G Thang instead of thing.
The noises smartphones make when texting its either that bloody whistle or a dripping sound like a lump of jelly dripping onto the floor.

And the crazy thing is that the sounds phones make can be turned off! I cannot stand it so have disabled it. I also wonder in amazement how anyone can eat, with stupid piercing on their tongue ( yuck)

Oh and flipping selfies just wind me up sooooo much! I cannot understand how anyone feels comfortable exposing themselves; it is soooo damn narcassitic.

Opps I would get the evil eye, from scrolling down, for I often get words wrong! I have a wide vocab but sadly get tongue tied and often mispronounce things.

Rich people who spend a lot of money on an outfit, wear it once and then put it away to never wear again.

Don't get me wrong; keeping stuff for nostalgic purposes (including items of clothing) is one thing and is understandable. When you're spending money on a new outfit that you never intend to wear again after using it one time only is another matter.

Oh and flipping selfies just wind me up sooooo much! I cannot understand how anyone feels comfortable exposing themselves; it is soooo damn narcissistic.

Agreed with you on this - especially when you see TV programs showing off the self-proclaimed "Selfie Queens" and showing you how full of themselves they are.
The way they talk, you'd think they'd cured cured cancer or solved world hunger or something like that rather then just taking a load of photos of their face.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have unusual things that bother them? Um, let me explain,

I get very angry and upset when I see an ad/commercial that assumes it knows what I think like 'You've always wanted to travel to blank...' And I'm like no. No NO NO. I've never wanted to do that. Don't assume you know what I want.

Also I get mad when an ad or sign tells me what to do, like a sign said I needed to buy more shoes or I need to stop and read the advertisement and I'm like, WTF no I don't. Don't tell what to do, that's stupid.

It makes me really upset and no one else understands why, I try to explain it to them but they say that it's just an ad or commercial. I drives me crazy.

Yer, you'd perhaps prefer it if an advert asked you if you'd like to do xyz or tried to establish (with simple questions) if you had a need for their product/service. A polite advert that leaves you alone if it knows you're not interested.

People who know you have Aspergers but have no way of knowing how to deal with you. In many ways it would be easier if they didn't know. This can get so frustrating. It really makes me very cross at times.

It could be worse in that they are not trying to understand.

I can't stand ads on TV that have no relevance to me, the same ad that repeats right after itself or ads that scream and yell at you... especially those with a long fast legal disclaimer... "Offer not valid with..."

Last edited:
The greatest annoyance - do-gooders, also known as wowsers. You know, people who take it upon themselves to tell us how to live, and incessantly preach about (for example) the sinfulness of consuming sugar, saying that it is now considered, by the scientific priesthood, to be "bad for us". Well, even if it is, I don't see why they should be so concerned about my well-being! It's none of their f@#king business how others live their lives.

I don't know if the above qualifies as being "weird" though. I also don't like advertisements, which is why I now only watch either DVD's or the A.B.C. and S.B.S., but no longer the commercial channels. What they show on those stations is nothing but complete junk (ex. "lifestyle" programmes, excessively violent police dramas).

I hate it when people say something like, "I don't eat food with chemicals in it."

I don't like food with D.N.A. in it :)

An other one that bothers me is when people refer to humans and animals as though those are to seperate categories. "Do you like animals or people better?", someone might ask. One might as well ask, "Do you prefer apples or fruit?

Ah, no. The reason people do this is because they recognise that we are superior to animals, in so many ways (ex. our ability to empathise, sense of justice, capacity for selfless altruism and self-sacrifice - you get the picture), combined with the fact that we were created in the image of God (Darwinism is rubbish, I have to say - we are not apes, that's just patently absurd and obviously fallacious).

Repetitive video game music! (haven't actually found any yet that aren't inane, horrible, painful and repetitive) First thing I turn off if I can.
You might also like this thread:
What are some things that only you would get upset about?

Repetitive video game music! (haven't actually found any yet that aren't inane, horrible, painful and repetitive) First thing I turn off if I can.
You might also like this thread:

Ah yes, I find myself muting the tv when I game, especially in older games. I like to watch youtube or listen to music instead.

Oh boy where do I start?
Loud noises
The TV has to be the right volume or it upsets me
Slang, gangster, accents that make people sound uneducated
"Reality TV" all of it makes me really angry, real house wives, big brother, the x-factor, the voice all of them are horrendous, fake, vapid and make me want to rip off my own face.
Most mobile phone ring tones, especially the whistling one (in College it seemed like everyone used this tone on highest volume).
I am really bothered by anything that makes a noise that isnt supposed to, electrical goods, lights humming or buzzing, drafts in doors with the wind whistling through it.
I can't stand adverts thats don't make sense or explain what's actually being sold.
Books, I hate people touching my books, I actually think they should outlaw the folding of page corners!

I get unhappy about just receiving currency from checkers that's all mangled and folded. Ugh.

They also stopped using pennies, so everything gets rounded off by the cashier, if the total is for example $14.02 cents you pay $14.00 dollars, if it's $14.03 you pay $14.05. I hate that, it's not precise.

Mia, we've had the very same problem in Australia for about 30 years now, when they decided to abolish the one and two cent coins. To this day I don't know why they decided to do this, because there is no good, clear reason that I can think of they could have used to justify it.

New Threads

Top Bottom