• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weird preferences about what I watch?

What do you prefer more out of these two?

• I prefer serious stuff that's educational, deep, and a bit thought provoking.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I'm stuck in between to be honest.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I'm relaxed, I like silly things, weird stuff, trivia, and more escapist.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Ameriblush

Violin player.
I notice I don't like alot of stuff that everyone around me likes. It's hard for me to find stuff to watch these days, and it makes me feel like a stick in the mud.o_O
For some reason I can't stand social commentary, satire, or anything political regarding fiction, and I can't laugh at sarcasm in sitcoms.

I'm at a loss whenever a stand up comedian is on tv, I feel the same way I would feel if I was watching a long lecture in class with the professor sounding like Ben Stein: bored. And I'm not one for romantic sub-plotlines either.

On the other hand I have a surreal sense of humor, I like campyness, and I love it when an animated show has a goofy cartoon look but crude humor and adult topics without going overboard on either end:yum:.

It knocks me out of watching most of what's on tv these days, and I cringe a little and slither away when I'm offered to go to a viewing party with my friends. Anyone else have odd dislikes and likes that kind of distances you from others?:confounded:

I don't watch much of any TV at all... I mainly either read and research, or watch things on You Tube.
I'm not a total stick in the mud. I do like funny stuff.
Above all that I like music the most...

I notice I don't like alot of stuff that everyone around me likes. It's hard for me to find stuff to watch these days, and it makes me feel like a stick in the mud.o_O
For some reason I can't stand social commentary, satire, or anything political regarding fiction, and I can't laugh at sarcasm in sitcoms.

I'm at a loss whenever a stand up comedian is on tv, I feel the same way I would feel if I was watching a long lecture in class with the professor sounding like Ben Stein: bored. And I'm not one for romantic sub-plotlines either.

On the other hand I have a surreal sense of humor, I like campyness, and I love it when an animated show has a goofy cartoon look but crude humor and adult topics without going overboard on either end:yum:.

It knocks me out of watching most of what's on tv these days, and I cringe a little and slither away when I'm offered to go to a viewing party with my friends. Anyone else have odd dislikes and likes that kind of distances you from others?:confounded:
I like documentaries with animals,cant stand psychological subjects like I'm so smug and rich because I think positive you can be too.
Australian soaps, dont watch them from any other country ,craft demonstrations on craft TV I completely block out the hard sell.
Mostly watch the television and have the sound off,like very easy listening music.
Like children's television from the 40s 50s and 60s nothing after that watch it on YouTube .
I'm in one of my periods where a lot of television upsets me .
If I become friendly with someone and then i've experienced the usual oh you're not sociably acceptable then I can't watch sci-fi programs of which I only watch one Or any of the more thought-provoking programs .
Can't watch animal rescue documentaries I find a human involved too judge mental

I don’t watch normal tv here anymore I mostly watch stuff on YouTube ,usually animal videos,top ten facts,movie reviews or makeup tutorials,I lost interest in what’s on normal television it’s mostly reality or cooking shows.

I watch very little TV too.
There are a few series I like which are usually built around subjects of interest like The Good Doctor, Scorpion, Criminal Minds.
A few Sci-Fi movies come along I find attractive.
Again the ones built around interests such as space or the human species. Examples: Knowing, Contact, Lucy, I am Legend. You get the idea.

I stayed up all night not long ago watching Space's Deepest Secrets: The Curse of the Black Hole.
It covered aspects of Astrophysics, Black Stars and Black Mass, Quasars, Relativity, Quantum physics, all so interesting my mind was sucked in like into a black hole!
:D

I don't mind TV shows but I tend to be pretty selective when it comes to things on Netflix and HBO. Anything with awesome CGIs or dragons (I love Game Of Thrones solely for the dragons, people think that I'm joking but I'm not ) in it. Anything nostalgia that I used to watch growing up that has been redone carefully then I am so into it. I do love laughing even if I don't understand the jokes half of the time they are said. The health videos (Bright Side and 5 minute Crafts are my favorites).

Who is to consider what's "weird" ?

When I think of such a thing, my mind defaults more those who provide such programming as opposed to merely those who watch it. ;)

I gave up on tv a few years ago.
For ex. of what I enjoy: this morning I was researching OLED and then got sidetracked to transparent electrodes, polymers, flexible display research, etc.. It was all a bit much but that's what makes it and other subjects like that so intriguing. :)

Last edited:
I stopped watching TV long time ago. I can still go to the cinema at times, mostly for silly science-fiction or horror movies, but if I do want to watch something, I just find my stuff online and watch it alone, especially that noone that I know have my dark humour and most are put off by sarcastic commentary. I would watch once dark themed movies with my friend and she would comment and laugh with me but, well, it's no longer available.

I don't have a Tv like a lot of you guys. When I read , it is ALL intense, like ancient history, but if i do watch a dvd, i like just something to relax to. Eye candy. Birds doing weird things, Colbert being funny (old Colbert), people dancing, here is one: But get into about 4 minutes. The beginning is zzzzzzzzzzz. I like to take this to the gym. It is not trancing at all, but energizing and relaxing at the same time---

New Threads

Top Bottom