• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weather

Geordie

Geordie
Do you often look out the weather - and why bother with the weather report?

Do you want to avoid humiliation of wearing shorts in the winter, or do you just plainly like to know when you can enjoy the snow?

I always had a vague interest in the weather, although I never got into it that seriously (yet, anyways). Weather reports here are pretty much useless, weather in Texas is so changeable and backwards sometimes. There's a saying actually: "If you don't like the weather here, just wait a second". The only time I'll cling to a weather report is during tornado season (or for a school/road closing), for obvious reasons.

But for the normal stuff, you really can just go outside and tell when the weather will change to something- it will feel different. Texas is pretty easy to read that way.

But to answer the second part: I hate hot weather, and I hate hot weather clothes.
I love the cold and get really excited over snow and ice. :)

Maybe it's in the environment - I feel so good in hot weather, I wouldn't want to move anywhere with cold weather - unless I got a collection of sweatshirts and hoodies

Maybe it's in the environment - I feel so good in hot weather, I wouldn't want to move anywhere with cold weather - unless I got a collection of sweatshirts and hoodies

But that's why cold weather's awesome! It's so cuddly and there's no sweating.
After changing my car's battery today in 100 degree heat...I appreciate it all the more.
:p

I love looking at weather maps. I'm not affiliated with the site but if anyone is interested... Intellicast - Local and National Weather Forecast, Radar, Maps and Severe Report

I currently live in a place where the weather is crazy and changing all the time so I check the weather forecast twice a day. I like reading the National Weather Service forecast discussions. When there's weather, the meteorologists just seem so excited about the weather that it gets me excited.

One of my friends says that I am tornado obsessed. Which is absolutely true. I'm too lazy and cheap to go chase them (besides I live in a mobile home park) so I do Skywarn spotting instead.

It's part of my routine to check the weather on a daily basis. Might not be as big of a deal for someone like Geordie where the weather is virtually the same year round, but in most of Texas and the central states the weather fluctuates daily. One day it could be 83 degrees, the next day a cold front moves through and temperatures drop dramatically with a winter advisory in effect the following morning. At least, that's the way it is until summer arrives...

Here in Scotland the weather is usually changeable without extremes. I would love the summers to be hot and sunny like southern Europe but most of the time they are cool and damp. I watch the BBC TV forecast most days which is always very detailed and usually fairly accurate.

Do you often look out the weather - and why bother with the weather report?

In fact I can't exploit of thermometers as I am in that mind benighted of numbers. Knowing whether it's 5?C or 17?C don't make a difference to me - I just have to open a window or go to balcony to test myself how the weather is before determine what to wear etc. And humidity effects so much that numbers really can't just tell it all.

When winter is still mild and snow has just fallen, it feels ssssooo cold, but after months of heavy frost it's all just "bit chilly outside". I tend to like those extremely dry winter blows we get from Siberia. Moist is just as bad in every season as it does establish the feeling of (already too extreme) conditions - unless it's raining, then it's fine.

Oh my God! I check the weather almost daily! I always check the MetOffice app on my phone, and sometimes on my laptop too. I always want to know what to expect and what layers I should bring, and also it's vital as my school makes me do PE out in the freezing cold on the field, so I always need to know whether to, as I mentioned earlier, bring layers.

I just remembered that I used to have Suunto wrist computer -watch that had air pressure gauge, altitude and latitude meters and a compass. Such a great gear for city ranger like me. I always found it better to navigate to places with compass rather than street names or benchmarks. Air pressure was also great for determining whether storm was coming. Too bad it got broken and I didn't have money to fix it at the time. Sad that it didn't have a humidity sensor.

I just remembered that I used to have Suunto wrist computer -watch that had air pressure gauge, altitude and latitude meters and a compass. Such a great gear for city ranger like me. I always found it better to navigate to places with compass rather than street names or benchmarks. Air pressure was also great for determining whether storm was coming. Too bad it got broken and I didn't have money to fix it at the time. Sad that it didn't have a humidity sensor.

I have a weather station from a (now nonexistent) Tchibo. It's pretty basic. It comes with a wireless transmitter to put outside for outside temperatures too. It shows the current weather as a picture (i.e. cloudy, sunny, etc.), the temperature of outside and inside as a value, and it shows the trend (whether the weather's getting better or getting worse). It also does have a humidity percentage and a clock with the date.

Last edited:
Oh, neat. Option of showing times of sunrise and -set was also really useful. Now i just have some relevant apps on phone, which isn't as far as upstanding. But more functional, as my wrist was totally too thin for a big sledge as that watch was.

New Threads

Top Bottom