• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weather Affected

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
Spring has finally sprung, and oh what a difference it has made to me.

For 4 days now I haven’t had to have a heater on, clear blue skies and bright sunshine with gentle breezes have lifted my mood dramatically. I can open windows and let fresh air in.

Some of you will find this disgusting but too bad so sad, I just had a shower and changed my clothes for the first time in about 6 weeks. I was even sleeping in my clothes.

Life seems so much better today. :)

We're heading right into autumn here. I do enjoy it, and winter. But then the fatigue sets in, and I'm counting down the days until the winter solstice and the longer days that come afterwards.

Ed

I spent 20 years in the tropics and I'm still not used to changing seasons. Being stuck inside all the time because it's too cold and wet to go out got to me and I was feeling pretty down. I'm not a big fan of daylight savings either although I can see the sense of it.

Getting used to days getting longer and shorter was also difficult for me, even though I grew up near where I'm now living.

Yeah, winter is approaching here, fast and hard (argh), it's been painful (literally, I'm very sore this time of year).

And it's dark earlier (not that this matters with my constantly shifting sleep schedule) and so on.

Snow will come soon, no doubt. Apparently we already had a small flurry though I was asleep at the time.

I need to go take Advil again.

My father and me are both very sensitive to sudden low air pressure. So when a storm is comming we get angry before we know about it.

Its something very strange.

Im glad that you feel better now.

I've always been very sensitive like that but without any anger associated. Wind makes me grumpy though. I always know when a storm is coming and when it's going.

Back in early 2018 I was happily playing video games one morning and I felt a big shift in the weather, so I jumped on the net and had a look at the weather radar. It didn't look good, cyclone Markus was almost on top of me. I don't have TV or radio so I never heard any warnings about it. I did get enough time to quickly prepare though.

Spring has finally sprung, and oh what a difference it has made to me.

For 4 days now I haven’t had to have a heater on, clear blue skies and bright sunshine with gentle breezes have lifted my mood dramatically. I can open windows and let fresh air in.

Some of you will find this disgusting but too bad so sad, I just had a shower and changed my clothes for the first time in about 6 weeks. I was even sleeping in my clothes.

Life seems so much better today. :)
So happy for you!
I live in the Southern hemisphere, too.
It's been a more winter-ish winter for us this year compared to the last 4 or 5 years, and it's been raining/overcast almost daily until about a week ago. People here are used to sunshine, and it kind of affected many, making then either depressed or grumpy.
Right now (7.55 local time) it's overvast, but I live on the coast and this happens a lot, though we had no wind yesterday, and maybe today it will take a little longer to clear. If at all.
Whatever happens on the weather front, I'm determined to have a relaxed and productive happy day!

Have a nice one, too.

BTW: I'm not very dependent on weather, and it doesn't affect me personally very much. But I'm very sensitive to changes in the atmosphere, only little shifts in pressure clog my ears, make me feel like I'm in a coffin, or send chills through my body.

Last edited:
I’m so glad you’re feeling better!

I am also weather affected. Part of the reason I moved to Florida was so I could squander sunshine. At my previous location, if the sun came out, I had to drop whatever I was doing and run outside or I would miss it.

Love Florida, we got married there on one of our many holidays to the USA.

I've loved our very hot summer but I can put up with winter too.
Lighting the fire, Halloween, Guy Fawkes night with the grandsquids.

Christmas will be busy, wife and I are helping out people this Xmas but we get a free dinner in the deal :D

If you like clouds, Canada is home to one of the gloomiest (cloudiest) places in the world :cool:... Prince Rupert in northern British Columbia...

What a wonderful country though ( Canada)
I'm into target shooting and fishing , mostly in the past now ( the fishing bit)

Those Canada rainbow trout ! Would love to have a go there.:airplane:

West Michigan, US: Time for 5 months of cloud cover and seasonal affective disorder. Time to feel like the little donkey from the Winnie the Pooh stories,...Eeyore,...little rain cloud over his head.

I'm at the other end of that, it's getting darker and colder, leaves are falling off trees, everything looks grey and dull and I don't feel well. I've been so down all day. The weather really got to me lately. I want all those things you describe, that gentle breeze and the bright sunshine and heat and so on. Soon I'll be sitting in a dark deep freezer, I want to run away, escape. :fearscream: Scandinavian winters are brutal. It never bothered me before, I loved winter, but I'm not 20 anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah. Today appears to officially be the last day of our "Indian Summer". When fall really begins in earnest.

Oh well. On occasion I can recall it beginning to snow around the 10th of October. Much like Russia. LOL.

Just hope it begins to rain again. This drought must end...

It never bothered me before, I loved winter, but I'm not 20 anymore.
After 20 years in the tropics I was really looking forward to experiencing winter again. Ideations of walking along the beach with hot fish and chips tucked inside my coat to keep me warm.

I was wrong of course.

I got too old for the tropics. Most of the year is fine but the build up towards the wet season is harsh, 38 degrees and 93% humidity and no rain to give you a break from the heat. In Darwin it's also known as Mango Season, that's the time of year when most people quit their jobs and most couples break up, usually all forgiven and forgotten once the first rains start at Christmas.

But I'm not used to wearing long pants and long sleeves. For more than a decade I didn't even own a pair of shoes and now I have to wear them to stop my feet from freezing. If I want to go outside in winter it means I have to wear so many shirts and jumpers that my arms are stuck out side ways and I can't move them.

After 20 years in the tropics I was really looking forward to experiencing winter again. Ideations of walking along the beach with hot fish and chips tucked inside my coat to keep me warm.

I was wrong of course.

I got too old for the tropics. Most of the year is fine but the build up towards the wet season is harsh, 38 degrees and 93% humidity and no rain to give you a break from the heat. In Darwin it's also known as Mango Season, that's the time of year when most people quit their jobs and most couples break up, usually all forgiven and forgotten once the first rains start at Christmas.

But I'm not used to wearing long pants and long sleeves. For more than a decade I didn't even own a pair of shoes and now I have to wear them to stop my feet from freezing. If I want to go outside in winter it means I have to wear so many shirts and jumpers that my arms are stuck out side ways and I can't move them.

I'm 50 now and have always lived with winter (Canada), I don't mind it most of the time... As a photographer I find a certain harsh beauty to winter landscapes, I have taken photos outside and gone for walks with the temperature as low as -30 Celcius, dressed up warm of course

I was wrong of course.

My family lived on Guam for two years. My mother, brother and I left prematurely. The environment was just too much for all our allergies. Leaving my father who would join us in another year once his naval assignment was over. Temporarily relocating to San Diego was pleasant enough, but it didn't last long.

New Threads

Top Bottom