• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

We Only Come Out At Night

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Anyone else feel most comfortable going out only after dusk?

I go out all different times of day, but I feel so free and happy after dusk. There's that twilight glow, and by the time I am on my way home, the sky is filled with stars.

There's less people out, so it kind of feels like I can go anywhere or do anything.

I can feel unsafe out at night, depending on where I am. When I lived with my parents in the country, I did like going out at night. Here, I like going out at siesta time, because most people at home are a lot quieter.

In the village my parents live - I enjoy night walks. But I wasn't keen on the vibe from the town I lived in before.

I prefer it when it's quieter in general, so night time suits me. I'm not much of a night owl anymore, since I quit drinking. But I do enjoy stargazing and how cool and refreshing the night air is.

Ed

I love being out a night. It is just different. But where I am now it is unwise to be out after dark. Lets just say the folks who are less constrained by social conventions congregate after dark

Driving alone, from sundown until sunup in a state where there are few inhabitants, moving ever eastward until the sun comes up. That was a real charge for me back in my thirties, magical even because there was no light pollution to compete with the starscape before me. I am too old for that now though. *wistful smile of remembrance* I have always been a creature of the night for I find the sun somewhat annoying.

It's always better without people, and that is more likely to happen at night.

The finding of a connection between narcolepsy and ASD, so far not adequately investigated, could boost the study of possible etiopathogenetic mechanisms shared between these two apparently so distant diso

Anyone else feel most comfortable going out only after dusk?

I go out all different times of day, but I feel so free and happy after dusk. There's that twilight glow, and by the time I am on my way home, the sky is filled with stars.

There's less people out, so it kind of feels like I can go anywhere or do anything.
Huh, that's interesting because mostly I love day or night. And have been sleeping incredibly well lately. I used to be a lot unhealthier so during those times I would stay up past 12 just to dance and listen to music like a silly little rebel teen :) I'm relieved that unhealthy phase is over and now I can live an actual, healthy life hehe ^^ Lots of improvement
I get how the night feels freeing, but I've been asleep a lot lately :pP

I used to be that way, but old age is catching up. My night vision just isn't what it used to be.

@Yeshuasdaughter, you know what song I have in my head when I see this thread title...

"The days are much too bright" one of the Smashing Pumpkins more unusual songs, the Twilight to Starlight half of that album is kinda unusual all round!

I prefer to go out when there are less people around. I prefer shopping at night when I can relax and go at my own pace. There's a weird trait that I've noticed a lot of people have, which is if they see someone's attention drawn to something they immediately want to jump in to see what has you so interested.

It's a theory I have tested out many times by randomly staring intensely at some item on a shop shelf and sure enough, the person that has been crowding me for the last 30 minutes will appear to come and breathe down my neck.

Sometimes it's been quite amusing. I used to go to car boot sales (probably known as swap meets in the US). There was always this guy that would follow me around trying to use me as his I suppose, "bargain metal detector". If he wasn't interested in what I was looking at he would loom over me or start getting uncomfortably close to push me on to the next stall.

So to put him off I started making a big fuss over junk. I would pretend I was super interested in something and then put it down. I'd ask about the price etc then say "I will have a think about it..." then shuffle away. Out of the corner of my eye, I would see him enthusiastically pick up said junk and hand over his cash. After doing this a couple of times he came stomping up to me shouting about how disgraceful it was that I had mislead him!

I told him that I couldn't remember being employed as his assistant. He went beetroot red and stomped off. He never bothered me again after that. Cheeky sod!

I tend to find this happens less when there's fewer people around. Unfortunately where I live there's not much in the way of visible stars but it's quite nice at I suppose "Twilight".

I don't know if many other people experience people doing this but it does seem quite a few people fear missing out on whatever weird little doodad that I've spotted in Lidl.

You are a mentor to the gods, Hubble!

(Twilight to Starlight was my favorite disc, incidentally)
Perhaps I am?! :smilecat::smilecat::smilecat:

I do like that half of the album more. The first disc "Dawn to Dusk" (if memory serves as I rarely load up a real CD these days) is more conventional grunge rock, when I got to the second disc when the album was released, I was a bit confused as to where all the thrashy rock guitar had gone.

But I guess it was kinda a prelude to Adore. It grew on me after a while. Now I probably listen to more of Twilight to Starlight. But in my opinion you can never beat a bit of Cherub Rock, I know different album, but it's just awesome!

Good point. Adore is my favorite album by them, so that connection makes sense.
It's a great album! I liked the use of junk store synths on it. There was a Casio one that my cousin had that I'm absolutely sure was used on Ava Adore. Also there were some others that I had. Just cheap stuff but since I never had anything fancy, it was pretty cool to be the only person that had authentic Smashing Pumpkins sounds on tap! :)

I love night time in the bush, especially moonless nights when the only light is from the milky way. I have superb night vision and get quite upset at people that turn torches on. A torch narrows my vision to what is in the torch light.

Nights in the city aren't so great, they don't really get night, it never gets properly dark.

New Threads

Top Bottom