• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Walking through a cold climate rainforest

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member

This is a video of me enjoying the scenery and exploring an Australian cold climate rainforest encountering some unique Australian native birds like Lyrebirds and Sulphur Crested Cockatoos. I even find hidden stone structures as well as crossing rickety bridges that's found in the forest, often comparing my outdoor adventure as "Jurassic Park".

Thanks for sharing this, I haven't been there for 30 years but it doesn't look like it's changed very much.

Beautiful forest.

I've never heard of a cold climate rainforest before. Thanks for sharing!

Although I haven't been there in a long time Sherbrooke Forest is an amazing place right on the edge of Melbourne's suburbs, I mentioned the trees in another thread. We call them Mountain Ash although they're eucalypts and evergreen, they are the same size as the giant sequoias in the US.

The largest tree in the world was recorded here although they chopped it down before measuring it. It's not always easy to show the true scale of these trees in pictures, walking amongst them makes you feel like an ant.

3.-Sherbrooke-Forest.jpg

I've seen our sequoias.

It made me remember what it was like to be five, gazing up in wonder at the world around me.

This forest sounds like it would be wonderful to visit.

Thanks for sharing this, I haven't been there for 30 years but it doesn't look like it's changed very much.
I am glad you enjoyed the walk in good old Sherbrooke Forest, this would only take a devesting bushfire to change the beauty and hasn't been a serious fire I think since like a 100 years ago. Do you know anything about Birdsland Reserve? My number one favourite park in the Belgrave area and I am trying to think if this suppose to be part of the Dandenong Ranges. I once used to live in Belgrave for 30 years up until in almost for 5 years I had downsized to a Ringwood apartment lifestyle.

I have Alfred Nicolas Gardens coming in mid-2023

Hi @Aspie_With_Attitude, sorry I took so long to reply, I meant to and forgot.

I last saw Sherbrooke Forest in the early 90s. When I very first saw it was back in about 88, I was new to Melbourne at the time and still quite young. I stumbled across it just by going for a drive one frosty morning and I stopped there because I thought it might be a good spot to find some magic mushies.

I fell in love with the place and took quite a few friends and relatives to see it. I never explored any of Victoria's other parks but for a few years I went skiing every winter, usually at Baw Baw. That's some beautiful countryside too.

New Threads

Top Bottom