• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Volunteers needed for a creative project

Doliba

Hi, I'm Doliba, and I'm currently organizing a Youtube creative project that requires volunteers who are neurodivergent, lgbtq+ or in any marginalized group and are willing to talk about it openly.

The concept is that I would ask an individual questions on how their life is affected by what they're dealing with, and I will use music production and my synesthesia to make a soundscape or "world" of the things they describe. The videos will be titled "This is what _______ sounds like." This would require the individual to send voice files, and I can pitch up or down so they remain anonymous if needed.

I haven't made any videos yet, but I'm hoping to start within the communities that I'm part of. If worse comes to worse, I could use my own voice and experiences, but I'd love to reach out to the autism community so that I can hear someone else's point of view.

The reason I want to share this with the world is because of how similar Youtube channels have affected me. Channels that can make learning about a misunderstood subject into something understandable and entertaining have educated me so much, and have helped me understand myself. Examples of this are Psych2Go, Anthony Padilla and Jubilee.

I understand that this isn't the most transparent method for finding volunteers, and I also apologize that I made this account just for this purpose. I want to let everyone know that they are going to be volunteers, and your anonymity is protected.

If you're interested, feel free to let me know in private. Thank you all so much :)

I've just realized this is the second post today that's looking for autistic people today... I'm so sorry haha

I'd have a go at it, I'm generally willing to talk about almost anything, but I dont have a microphone. Never needed one, really.

New Threads

Top Bottom