• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Volunteer at wildlife center

FIVER

This past summer, I volunteered at a wildlife center. Most of the time I fed baby birds, although I did some mammals. Some were injured or sick.
The college interns seemed not to really sense what was going on with the animals. I spoke out about a few birds that just didn't seem alright and I was right.
Has anybody volunteered with animals?
I find that doing this type of work gets me out of myself and focus on something other than myself.

I've not been able to find opportunities to volunteer locally but I do go out to South Africa each year to volunteer on a nature reserve over there. I was meant to go back out last year but haven't been able to since Covid hit, still waiting for travel restrictions to go then I'm off to South Africa and Peru. In Peru I was accepted for their volunteer and internship programme to work with the herpetological team and wildlife photography team with 'Fauna Forever'. Not worked with them yet but really looking forward to it. I got lots of pictures from my time in South Africa as I'm a keen photographer and I also let them have my pics so they can use them to promote their reserve.

I like volunteering at therapeutic riding centers, but like to focus on grooming/tacking/horsecare instead of dealing with the riders. I'm great with the horses!

I also freelance as a dog behaviorist and help new owners develop training and rehabilitation plans for new dogs. Its tough dealing with the people, but the dogs just love me and I'm good with them, too. It's nearly impossible to ACTUALLY get paid for it, though.

I've not been able to find opportunities to volunteer locally but I do go out to South Africa each year to volunteer on a nature reserve over there. I was meant to go back out last year but haven't been able to since Covid hit, still waiting for travel restrictions to go then I'm off to South Africa and Peru. In Peru I was accepted for their volunteer and internship programme to work with the herpetological team and wildlife photography team with 'Fauna Forever'. Not worked with them yet but really looking forward to it. I got lots of pictures from my time in South Africa as I'm a keen photographer and I also let them have my pics so they can use them to promote their reserve.
That is so great!

I like volunteering at therapeutic riding centers, but like to focus on grooming/tacking/horsecare instead of dealing with the riders. I'm great with the horses!

I also freelance as a dog behaviorist and help new owners develop training and rehabilitation plans for new dogs. Its tough dealing with the people, but the dogs just love me and I'm good with them, too. It's nearly impossible to ACTUALLY get paid for it, though.

I love horses!
That's great about your dog behavior business.
Maybe you can take it up a level to make it your main income.
I have a Siberian Husky.

New Threads

Top Bottom