• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Voc Rehab

SL JediKnight

So as my high school days came to a close my teachers got me involved with something called vocational rehabilitation also known as voc rehab for short I ended up having too Voc Rehab counselors first one quit got fired or retired the second one I just didn't like her

I felt like they were very forceful if you didn't do what they wanted they would close your case keep in mind this is something that my teachers in school made me get involved with cuz they wanted me to go to this vocational College setting School which I did not want to go to but I didn't go because my gut feeling told me something was not right also a friend of mine told me she went there after she completed the program they told her she wasn't eligible for a job anyway

the Voc Rehab counselors most of them I think dont know what they're doing like I told my counselor thought I heard autistic people are good with computers and she's like I never heard of that anyway they closed my case and I'm not had anything to do with them since anyway what are your experiences with Voc Rehab I like to hear them both good and bad

Most that I have been around were used to physical or cognitive disabilities. They just couldn't wrap their head around a social handicap (that was neither).

High turnover: they all keep quitting.

Social disabilities: they haven't got a clue. They do have a nice counselor paper on autism but I doubt if any of them read it.

Inflexibility: they figure if only we would do what they say, then...

Those are my experiences with them.
I do not have any fondness for them.

High turnover: they all keep quitting.

Social disabilities: they haven't got a clue. They do have a nice counselor paper on autism but I doubt if any of them read it.

Inflexibility: they figure if only we would do what they say, then...

Those are my experiences with them.
I do not have any fondness for them.
me neither my gut feeling told me I was never going to go anywhere with them

It's to bad, to me having someone that understands you is key when you have a counselor. Hope it all works out for you.

All of my experiences I've had with them have been negative. They were completely useless, and didn't seem to understand anything about autism at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom