• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games inspired by nature?

NoKipAr on the run

what are your favorite video games that are inspired by nature?

for me it's Oddworld.

I go around places here in Canada, and really? I find a lot of inspiration.

what are your thoughts and tributes?

Duck Hunt - Wikipedia

Quack, quack.

I used to play The Oregon Trail and The Amazon Trail as a kid, too.

This is all I know. (I'm not a gamer.)

well...................I personally can't get enough of my cottage. I want to make an animation about my Cabin with an idea I affectionetley refer to as "Thunder Loot".

more examples?

well, I never got past the second level on Soulstorm for the PS4.....and It takes me forever just to get to one checkpoint! hard game, but I hope I get the good ending!
it's infamous for the bad endings. some people LOVE the bad endings! I personally, don't like the idea that Abe would fail to be a messiah. and my dad is especially concerned with me "thinking it's real". I know better.

EASILY the best nature-feel game.

It's absolutely goofy because of its fairytale roots, but there is a quality of nature that is usually devoid from games. Nature in games is rarely as humid, loud, uncomfortable, cold or wild as it really is. Nature in games is often thematic, or a common backdrop to for familiarity. We all know fields, forest and mountains.
But the visual symbols of these things betray the quality of being in them. This game carries the feeling.

As for raw visual representation though:

From a first-person game point of view, I've found "Kingdom Come: Deliverence" to have the best quality representation of "nature" (I'm hoping the game they are currently working on is a continuation of that story, improving on this area): I haven't finished the game yet as I keep getting distracted by the environment and go wandering instead of doing the quests.

From a third-person game point of view, "Red Dead Redemption 2"/"Red Dead Online" would have to be my pick.

I also have high hopes that one day Star Citizen will approach the quality of both these games, although its larger "world" size will limit what level of detail can be included compared to the comparatively small ones in the games mentioned above.

I've played quite a few games where nature is kind of a big deal, like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, The Sims 2, 3 and 4 seasonal expansion packs, Disney Dreamlight Valley, or even Sonic the Hedgehog.

I don't play it enough, but I definitely want to say Stardew Valley or even Littlewood.

But if MC counts, I'd also like to go with that!

New Threads

Top Bottom