1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Us disabled people need to stick together

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

Us disabled folk need to stick together that's why I value this link:-

Change.org

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Neonatal RRT

Neonatal RRT Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

The link didn't say what the petition was about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

We the undersigned are fed up with the way this government keeps taking from the Disabled and making us feel like pariahs in our own country.
    To redress the balance we therefore submit that Blue Badge Parking Issues should be redressed as follows:
    1) That Blue Badge Holders be allowed to for 3 hours in all government and local authority on-street and off-street car parks for free. After such a period the Blue Badge Holder would have to pay or not return for 24 hours.
    2) That Blue Badge Holder parking bays be used only by Blue Badge Holders and anyone not a Blue Badge Holder be given a fixed penalty ticket equal with the local illegal parking ticket issued by the local authority where the offence takes place.
    3) That any abuse of a Blue Badge by somebody not entitled to have one be treated as a serious offence subject to a fine of up to Five Hundred Pounds (£500:00) and subject to Six (6) penalty points on their licence
    And you can search blue badge petition

4. James45

James45 James

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think I am disabled. I am super abled and most of the rest of the world hasn't caught up yet.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Telepath John

Telepath John Member

@James45

I agree. Many of those who are ignorant call anything they can not relate to a disability.

If our society had more authentic humility, knowing that there is a great deal we do not understand about many things, then being ignorant would not be the crime our ego thinks it is.

The choice of words we use like "disability" has a profound effect on our beliefs. Each of us is a creator for our reality. The creative part of us looks for the words and thoughts we use to create our physical experiences. Being mindful of our thoughts and choice of terms and words is very important.

Essentially if you say you are disabled, you are. If you say you are super enabled, you are.

John

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. watersprite

watersprite inadvertent vagabond V.I.P Member

I support you & most everyone here already. No need to get into a debate about the using the word “disabled” as an appellation that may or may not apply to me & others.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Suzette

Suzette Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Aren't we both "disabled" and "superabled" in a way?

I know that my social issues are a dis-ability. That is, I am not abled socially. And that is simply true. I have other issues of course, even as I have great strengths.

The trick, the focus, to me, is in getting N.T.s to value my strengths over my disabilities.

Sorry, none of that has anything to do with Scottish parking plaqards.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. James45

James45 James

I agree...it is all a mix, one simple label doesn't do justice to any human being.

My apologies too for straying off Scottish parking.

9. ForestGumpett

ForestGumpett Well-Known Member

Vague regarding what it’s for?

Knowing what I know about change.org, I wouldn’t support giving them toilet tissue, but I would support anyone going against them. Extremely liberal group.

10. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝️ V.I.P Member

I like the term "handicapped" better (to characterize my being hindered socially).
    Everything else is a plus.