• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Updating my Photography Site

Catherine Read

I don't make many posts but was pretty chuffed about this so decided, "hey, why not post about it" lol.

I do photography as a hobby and made a site to plop my pictures some years ago so I have somewhere to go to quickly show some of my shots, although I'd neglected it for years and a lot of sections were unfinished. So the other day I decided to sit down and start uploading some of my shots, although many of my pictures are now gone thanks to computer crashes or harddrive issues, I still managed to get a lot of pictures up.

This is the site :)

Cat Read Photography

Some more nice photos, was at the site before once... I like your idea of introduction to photography section, but you did fail to mention mirrorless cameras when you talk about dSLR's... Mirrorless cameras are a growing market, alright I'll confess to being a Fuji mirrorless user for about five years now, and love it! They are great cameras, all cameras have their place

I'm even convinced that for many people the cell phone is an excellent camera as well, some of the modern cell phone cameras are very high quality

I don't make many posts but was pretty chuffed about this so decided, "hey, why not post about it" lol.

I do photography as a hobby and made a site to plop my pictures some years ago so I have somewhere to go to quickly show some of my shots, although I'd neglected it for years and a lot of sections were unfinished. So the other day I decided to sit down and start uploading some of my shots, although many of my pictures are now gone thanks to computer crashes or harddrive issues, I still managed to get a lot of pictures up.

This is the site :)

Cat Read Photography
Some really nice stuff!

Wow. If I ever get married, I will hire you!!

Thanks for all the comments everyone, much appreciated :) . @Ronald Zeeman that's so cool, wish we had a basement lol.

@Sherlock77 Thanks for the input, admittedly I originally started writing that segment up as a form of self-directed study back when I started out as I've never had any instruction from more knowledgable people in the hobby. Back then mirrorless cameras weren't quite so popular but it would definitely be a good idea to amend that as I've still not really looked into them properly yet.

@OkRad Haha thanks. Weddings are definitely the hardest work

@Rainbowcat I like to do a lot of travelling so they're from all over. I visit a particular nature reserve in South Africa quite frequently and help out on the reserve (Mankwe) so that's where most of my African photos are taken. I've also travelled around Asia a fair bit (Japan, South Korea, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Borneo) and took short trips out to Cambodia and Vietnam too. The snowy scenes are mostly from Ski-ing trips in Austria or Italy. I should have gone to Peru last year on a reptile research and photography internship in the rainforest but that didn't happen, hoping I'll go for next year though.

@Rainbowcat I like to do a lot of travelling so they're from all over. I visit a particular nature reserve in South Africa quite frequently and help out on the reserve (Mankwe) so that's where most of my African photos are taken. I've also travelled around Asia a fair bit (Japan, South Korea, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Borneo) and took short trips out to Cambodia and Vietnam too. The snowy scenes are mostly from Ski-ing trips in Austria or Italy. I should have gone to Peru last year on a reptile research and photography internship in the rainforest but that didn't happen, hoping I'll go for next year though.[/QUOTE]

That is amazing! It sounds wonderful being around nature and waiting for the perfect moment to capture. :)

I have been to Austria for skiing before.

FB_IMG_1594127515467.jpg
FB_IMG_1619798481508.jpg
Some more nice photos, was at the site before once... I like your idea of introduction to photography section, but you did fail to mention mirrorless cameras when you talk about dSLR's... Mirrorless cameras are a growing market, alright I'll confess to being a Fuji mirrorless user for about five years now, and love it! They are great cameras, all cameras have their place

I'm even convinced that for many people the cell phone is an excellent camera as well, some of the modern cell phone cameras are very high quality
I enjoy underwater photography and now use a mirrorless, Olympus E-pl2. Keeps the bulkiness of the housing under control. An older generation, but underwater it is not IF your housing floods, but WHEN, so don't want to risk something more expensive. The biggest positive is lightning quick focusing, so more shots come out.

I enjoy close/macro shots. Here are a couple of nudibranchs that I enjoy shooting.

View attachment 68607 View attachment 68608
I enjoy underwater photography and now use a mirrorless, Olympus E-pl2. Keeps the bulkiness of the housing under control. An older generation, but underwater it is not IF your housing floods, but WHEN, so don't want to risk something more expensive. The biggest positive is lightning quick focusing, so more shots come out.

I enjoy close/macro shots. Here are a couple of nudibranchs that I enjoy shooting.

Nice photos!

I got into mirrorless for street photography, a very common camera for people who do that, and I do enjoy the smaller camera size anyway... And as you may know, mirrorless is effectively the digital equivalent of the rangefinder film cameras (think Leica in particular)

New Threads

Top Bottom