• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Update on life...

Dillon

So I had been on a leave of absence from here for quite some time and because of that i just wanted to say hi and give y’all an update how things are going with me and to the new people who are on here. I had recently (2 months ago) moved into my very first apartment not living in a dorm on campus anymore with no roommate as some of y’all have heard some awful experiences I’ve had with several roommates from verbal to physical abuse.

Even though I only have a view of the parking lot I’m really close to the ocean which is really cool and just nice of having my own independence, of course I have bills, rent, and all that other stuff to deal with but hey that’s part of it. I also just recently got a new car over the summer since I haven’t really needed one until now I mean since I live 30 minutes away from my campus.

I am currently on my 3rd of college and I’m ever so close to getting my bachelors degree in marine biology which that will never change. This semester has been somewhat of a heavy load with more in the way or writing papers and reports (two I just got finished that we’re 10 pages each for different classes). I am also still doing shark tagging research which that has been awesome so far.

Best of all out of all of this I took my very last Organic Chemistry class over the summer and passed with an “A” so no more chemistry courses for me! So far life had been pretty good no stress, depression or anything negative.

Hey Dillon,
Marine Biology is my passion in life. If you ever want to know some great places to go scuba diving or snorkeling just hit me up with a message. I've done both with sharks in Fiji (snorkeling), Palau, Philippines and Australia (diving). Congrats on your progress, good work! Lucy :)

I don't know you from before your "leave" from here, but it sounds like things are going pretty well. Congratulations on that "A" in Organic! Huge accomplishment!

I don't know you from before your "leave" from here, but it sounds like things are going pretty well. Congratulations on that "A" in Organic! Huge accomplishment!
Well I haven’t been on here in like 3-4 months so I just thought I do something like this and maybe give a better perspective in who ever else may be have such a hard time lately that to not give up on themselves entirely.

Well done, glad to hear your progress, what a fascinating subject you are studying. It sounds like you are happy in your accommodation, and well placed next to the sea. All sounds good, hope you enjoy the rest of your course.

New Threads

Top Bottom