• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Update on how I’m doing from meltdown

Dillon

I don’t have much to say but i had posted a few days ago about going through a meltdown and just beating myself emotional for hours because of people in general. I feel a lot better than I did and I don’t know what or why. I had been hanging with someone good friends the other day went out to eat somewhere and did some other stuff so that made me better. Also realizing I have other friends who are there I can depend on and I can talk to. I think I’ve just been hanging around with the wrong people and even the ones who may seem nice and dependable but in reality they aren’t and I still have trouble picking up on a little bit of those cues.

While I’m in a meltdown like the one I had it’s like I loose all sense of reality and having my positive views flipped into negative ones bring on self hat to myself. I think the college semester is getting to me but luckily it is almost over with! My main thing is all I’m focused on is my end goal in life what I want out of it and I should not have to at all what other people my think of me no matter how much it brings me down and that’s usually my attitude. I can get through whatever is in my way!

I'm glad you have some friends who are actually friends and it sounds like you've got it together now. I think we grow and learn most during those difficult times and you came out with growth and a good outlook. Yay!!!

Glad you're feeling back in control Dillon :) I was quite worried about you the other day. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say we're SO pleased at the opportunity you've earned for yourself and really want you to succeed.

I went through a minor meltdown yesterday afternoon for reasons too personal and Political to post about.

I went through a minor meltdown yesterday afternoon for reasons too personal and Political to post about.

We'll listen if you decide you want to talk about it later. Maybe post it in the politics section from what you've said though ;)

Glad you're feeling back in control Dillon :) I was quite worried about you the other day. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say we're SO pleased at the opportunity you've earned for yourself and really want you to succeed.
Thank you! I truly believe I myself have come so far to succeed such as working in college getting what I want out of life.
Growing up having no father figure who would always put me down calling me a failure and never proud of anything I do but these kind of negative things are in the past.
I’m having to start a thesis proposal for graduate school so that will be fun...not really.
I wish I met some of you in person cause in reality persona to person contact is more beneficial to me.

@Dillon Campbell

Good luck with your thesis proposal. As someone who has had to write two for my bachelors and masters, I know how that can be. I hope you have access to any support that your college can give you. A good disability and academic support department can really be beneficial.

@Dillon Campbell

Good luck with your thesis proposal. As someone who has had to write two for my bachelors and masters, I know how that can be. I hope you have access to any support that your college can give you. A good disability and academic support department can really be beneficial.
There are very few accessible people I can go to on my campus for this. I’ve been talking with my academic advisor and a graduate studies advisor and they have been helping me through the process. The disability department at the school kind of sucks to where I have not been back there in over a year cause this one lady who is suppose to help out people with disabilities such as myself really talked down to me to the point I was almost to tears such as saying how I was just desperate for friends and I need to suck it up on my first year at a University. So yeah I have not been back there since.

There are very few accessible people I can go to on my campus for this. I’ve been talking with my academic advisor and a graduate studies advisor and they have been helping me through the process. The disability department at the school kind of sucks to where I have not been back there in over a year cause this one lady who is suppose to help out people with disabilities such as myself really talked down to me to the point I was almost to tears such as saying how I was just desperate for friends and I need to suck it up on my first year at a University. So yeah I have not been back there since.

Firstly, I’m glad that you have a supportive academic advisor and graduate studies advisor. It’s what they’re paid to do. As for the disability department...how dare she say that to you when she’s supposed to be helping you?! I can understand why you haven’t gone back there.

I had a positive experience with my BA with the support from the university’s disability staff. When I did my masters that was a different experience. I was virtually ignored and left and had zero support from those who are paid to support. Fortunately or unfortunately in that case, I was not the only one who received questionable support.

Is it possible to put in a complaint regarding her behavior?

Firstly, I’m glad that you have a supportive academic advisor and graduate studies advisor. It’s what they’re paid to do. As for the disability department...how dare she say that to you when she’s supposed to be helping you?! I can understand why you haven’t gone back there.

I had a positive experience with my BA with the support from the university’s disability staff. When I did my masters that was a different experience. I was virtually ignored and left and had zero support from those who are paid to support. Fortunately or unfortunately in that case, I was not the only one who received questionable support.

Is it possible to put in a complaint regarding her behavior?
Unfortunately it is not since she is the head of that department apparently but maybe she has a supervisor.
There would be times when I actually need to see her to renew testing accomodations but she won’t step foot out of her office so she will send another person to help me out. She will come out for other people though which I’m like what the heck.
I’m not worried over it since i have other people within that department who really help me out when she is suppose to be the main one to help me out but oh well

Unfortunately it is not since she is the head of that department apparently but maybe she has a supervisor.
There would be times when I actually need to see her to renew testing accomodations but she won’t step foot out of her office so she will send another person to help me out. She will come out for other people though which I’m like what the heck.
I’m not worried over it since i have other people within that department who really help me out when she is suppose to be the main one to help me out but oh well

They always have a higher supervisor. Or you could go to student services, if you feel that’s better.

Sounds like she’s not doing her duty of care to you.

New Threads

Top Bottom