• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
A couple of days ago I was contacted via my Claritas email, by a Catholic mother asking for prayers for her adult son, whom she says she suspects might be Autistic. I mentioned to her that there does exist these unofficial tests which she could share with her son if he’s open to that; and just yesterday she replied and said she’s interested in sharing those tests with her son.

I figured I’d start this thread where we could share these various tests so that we have this resource to help various people out there, who suspect they may have Autism and want to try self-diagnosis, here are two tests I’ve found so far, one of which is the AQ test:

Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ)

Autism Spectrum Test

I knew as soon as I was part the way through Donna Williams' Nobody Nowhere even though we would have been chalk and cheese as youngsters. I think the more finnicky among high officialdom looked down at diagnostic teachers etc who in their reports on me (and this was in my 40s) tended to agree with me. It's a status thing for them. "Real" diagnosing is door opening not shutting. Serendipity led me up against remedial tips and advice, a temporary "floating support worker" who was excellent at OT, reading matter, talks I went to in those days . . . Now I have to be my own OT.
As Larry Grayson used to say, "Shut that door!" ;)
BTW what I've told you happened after healing prayers at a proper gospel camp - and not the kind where you queue up and talk, but a general prayer over the whole crowd of us with no ado (more genuine).

New Threads

Top Bottom