• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Um, Hello ?!

InsaneButHappy

I think, this is my first thread ever anywhere, so yeah. Kinda scared of this new situation...
Anyways, I am here to introduce myself. I am a 17 y/o from Germany and only self-diagnosed (Probably Atypical Autism, maybe Aspergers). I only discovered that I may be on the spectrum a few months ago when I searched for a reason why I don't seem to feel emotions like others do. First I wanted a formal diagnosis because I wasn't entierly convinced, but then I found out that this may make my health insurance more expensive. I don't think that's worth it.
While I do face a lot of minor problems due to my autism (I am weird and nerdy, not empathetic at all, I don't always understand what people mean first try, all that stuff), I am extremely happy that I have never had really bad issues, nothing I could not deal with (other than a very recent story, which is the reason I got here in the first place. But that's for another day...). I have never been bullied very much and almost always had friends I could rely on. The advantages i probably get from autism like being good at maths, my logical reasoning, etc. often even make up for the inconveniences. For this I am quite grateful.
So yeah, that's my introduction for you. I don't know what else to write, I think it is kind of obligatory to say hello. So thank you very much for letting me be here. Scroling through the threads has already made me feel at home. Thank you!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi InsaneButHappy

welcome to af.png

Alright, so glad you are here. Reading the thoughts and emotions here will center you and you will feel more at home in your *head*.

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here, it sounds like you have already found some interesting threads. I am glad you are seeing some positive aspects of your neurodiverse status, I do too. There's gifts as well as challenges.

:bee::blossom::sunflower::cherryblossom::beetle::blossom::bee:

New Threads

Top Bottom