1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Twitch Streamer Claims she was Permanently Banned After Saying There’s Only Two Genders

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Joshua Aaron, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:26 AM.

1. Joshua Aaron

Joshua Aaron Just a Professional Weirdo w/Autism and ADHD

[Not written by me, OFC]
    Source: Twitch streamer says she was banned after saying there’s only two genders | Metro News
    ————————————​
    Twitch streamer HelenaLive has claimed she was permanently banned from the website after saying there was two genders, which was apparently deemed ‘offensive to the transgender community.
    The streamer uploaded a lengthy YouTube video after she was prevented from accessing her Twitch account, showing an email exchange between herself and a representative for Twitch. Reading out Twitch’s response, the company said it was the third time she’d been reported for ‘hateful conduct’ in the last two months.

The email continues: ‘Your recent behaviour has proven your lack of understanding of what hateful speech is and how it may affect your community or your channel.

‘Several of your statements have been found offensive towards the transgender community and we don’t tolerate this kind of behaviour.’

They also stated they’ll be looking to terminate HelenaLive’s partnership with Twitch, which allows her to earn money off her videos.

In response, HelenaLive claims she was banned after saying on stream there are only two genders, and explicitly said she supported the transgender community.

‘I was banned because I was saying on stream that I think biologically there’s two genders,’ the streamer said. ‘I think there’s the woman and there’s the man. That’s what biology tells us.

‘I specifically said, it’s okay if a man wants to be a woman and a woman wants to be a man, you cannot be anything in between. I said I supported the transgender community, I never said I didn’t.’
    Screenshot (1028).png
    ‘They banned because I said there was two genders or two sexes. That’s why I got permanently banned from Twitch. Are you actually kidding me right now?’ she added.

Helena also disputes Twitch’s claim that she’s been banned twice before, stating there’s only been one past incident.

As her account has been terminated, her past streams showing the comments taking place are no longer accessible – with Helena claiming they could prove her innocence.

She’s since posted numerous statements on Twitter, calling for help from the community to retrieve her channel and saying she’s ‘sorry for hurting anyone’s feelings’.
    ————————————​
    My thoughts: I'm just in so much disbelief RN. I have no idea how society has gotten so soft to the point that stating SCIENTIFIC FACT can get somebody banned from a website, and to make it worse, the person getting banned actually has a career that requires USE of said site. Helena pretty much got fired from a job that she employed herself into. That's a sentence that I'd never thought I'd ever type out in my life, but unfortunately had to. I support the trans community, but I still agree that, with the exception of GENETIC mutations, there is only two genders. Oh my gosh, what is wrong with people these days. SMH.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

I thought this was a recent event, but I see now that it took place
    back in the winter. First I have heard of this person.

Doesn't appear to be anyone whose content I would care to view.
    HelenaLive offers her first interview after being banned from Twitch
    "There will continue to be bans and confusion as long as Twitch tries to reconcile a system that punishes creators for being edgy and offensive only after it rewards them for doing exactly that."

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. oregano

oregano is on I-5 btwn Calif and Jefferson

I see that Twitch is now owned by Amazon. Amazon-owned media outlets seem to be forced to parrot Amazon founder/CEO Jeff Bezos's ultraleftist political views. Take a look at the Washington (DC) Post, a newspaper owned by Amazon. The Post is extremely anti-Trump and anti-conservative, and their articles reflect this.

Even in the days when "Superstation WTBS" was a big cable outlet that featured nightly newscasts, those newscasts were generally editorially independent of owner Ted Turner's far-left viewpoints. Even services such as Facebook and Twitter, while left leaning, do not seem to be as harnessed to the personal views of the CEO as media owned by Amazon.

Bezos seems to be rather tyrannical, he will have a huge Amazon warehouse built in a struggling town and soon Amazon runs the whole town, and workers are run ragged then fired before they can get permanent status. Then they cannot find another job because Amazon is basically the entire job base.

At one point, an independent journalist tried doing a story on Amazon in South Lake Union, the Seattle district where Amazon's main HQ is located, and he was harassed and forced to leave by Amazon security guards even though he was supposedly on public property such as sidewalks. He did observe that small businesses in SLU, such as cafes, are de facto controlled by Amazon, Amazon dictates all aspects of their business operations.

I am typing all this because the Newsweek article noted that as soon as Amazon bought Twitch content creators who were not 100% in line with Bezos's worldview started getting permabanned. Even something silly as saying there are only two genders is getting creators booted. Capitalists have always been ruthless, yes, but Jeff Bezos seems to be unusually controlling and tyrannical.