• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Turn off ridiculous suggestions in Google Photos

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
A couple times a week, at least, I get notifications that pop up on my devices from Google Photos.

It's dumb stuff like "Check out this funny collage we created from your recent photos!" or "Here's a funny edit we did to your video!"

It's intrusive, and annoying. Not to mention a complete violation of privacy by Google.

How do I turn off these ridiculous suggestions and notifications?

All I want to do is take pictures and maybe share them occasionally with friends or family. That's it.

A couple times a week, at least, I get notifications that pop up on my devices from Google Photos.

It's dumb stuff like "Check out this funny collage we created from your recent photos!" or "Here's a funny edit we did to your video!"

It's intrusive, and annoying. Not to mention a complete violation of privacy by Google.

How do I turn off these ridiculous suggestions and notifications?

All I want to do is take pictures and maybe share them occasionally with friends or family. That's it.
I get those too! They are rather irritating to say the least.

I don't think that there is really a "collage" so to speak it's more that they are showing you a slideshow of your photo library based on a template or algorithm. Though they do scan photos with AI, at least this is the case if you store your photos on Google's servers.

I haven't looked too deeply into it, but one thing (although it's surface deep) you could do is, next time you get a notification from the photos app, slide the notification to the left and it will bring up a settings cog icon. Press the cog icon and a new menu will appear and you can select "switch off notifications" and it will nix those particular notifications as well as all photos notifications.

I think this should essentially stop them from bothering you. I don't think the photos app has any other notifications that are important. But at least this should hold you over until someone who is more familiar with Google privacy settings than I am. But if all you care about is stopping the notifications, it would essentially be problem solved from this point. :)

I get those too! They are rather irritating to say the least.

I don't think that there is really a "collage" so to speak it's more that they are showing you a slideshow of your photo library based on a template or algorithm. Though they do scan photos with AI, at least this is the case if you store your photos on Google's servers.

I haven't looked too deeply into it, but one thing (although it's surface deep) you could do is, next time you get a notification from the photos app, slide the notification to the left and it will bring up a settings cog icon. Press the cog icon and a new menu will appear and you can select "switch off notifications" and it will nix those particular notifications as well as all photos notifications.

I think this should essentially stop them from bothering you. I don't think the photos app has any other notifications that are important. But at least this should hold you over until someone who is more familiar with Google privacy settings than I am. But if all you care about is stopping the notifications, it would essentially be problem solved from this point. :)
That's actually very helpful. I will try that the next time it happens.

There's lots of other photo gallery apps out there. If it's an annoyance, perhaps use something else?

Ed
I didn't know that there were other apps to store photos. I thought you had to use the one that came with the phone. Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom