• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Turn Me On, Dead Man

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
When I was just a wee lad, I had my own computer with Windows XP home edition, and a few games. One of them was Dungeon Lords, a very, VERY poorly done "poor man's" version of World of Warcraft made for both online-and-offline play, somehow. Strangely enough, I got it to install on my system, but whenever I tried to run it it would just crash immediately. To make up for it I found that looking into the game's installation directory gave me access to some of the voice files of the game, which I then found could be loaded into my computer's built in Sound Recorder. That's when, out of sheer boredom I played with the effects tab and discovered a "reverse" function. To put it simply:

"You can find the tablet inside the sewers, I hid it from the guards" from the game became:

"Shrug it off, did ya? "Sue hearse" and [sneezing noise] you'll bash a knife, neck weed!"

You can guess where this was going, and the laughter only grew with the discovery that other people on YouTube had been doing this with songs from their CDs and uploading the new "lyrics".

Naturally lots of controversies emerged along with the numerous theories that Dora The Explorer was a prostitute disguised as a child and Barney wanted children to join a satanic cult, not to mention the cast of Pokemon being spies working for George W. Bush as a theory.

But others were a little more humorous...

I had fun with my own interpretations, in fact this theme of reversing audio is kind of how I discovered the existence of the Angry German Kid...

For the purposes of realizing what the heck I'm going on about:

Sonic Adventure soundtrack "Unknown from M. E." (Knuckles' theme) gives us this gem at the beginning:

"This global war nails Tom like 'Russia Mortgage', oh now all Cro Magnons stand up, they all say "Mercredi""

"Sam's tough but we now sell "GoArmy" junk"

Only to spit out:

"Ah, Chris, look how many spiders! Ah, feefoo."

Ha, those were the days...

There's also Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz, it has Russel saying what sounds like "Resume the law of Saint Alpha", least that's what I heard. Ten Thousand Fists by Disturbed briefly talks about the "Sickness" at the beginning of the reversed audio.

New Threads

Top Bottom