• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trying too hard now?

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
My month so far...

Had a four day weekend, both Canada Day and Independence Day (working for an American company in Canada), meaning I have to work my five day week, Tuesday to Saturday, Saturday shift is not optional apparently...

Problem, there is an epic car cruise weekend two hours from home this upcoming weekend, when I have a mere one day weekend, followed by Monday to Friday (back to the usual)

At this point I plan to drive the two hours to the car event immediately after work on Saturday, and come back on Sunday, ready for Monday morning... Yes, regarding my photography :)

Also... In two days the epic first run of Calgary Stampede (since Covid) starts, I have made a choice effectively to be at the car thing (choices we make)

Next week, after a one day weekend, I'm still debating how much Calgary Stampede to take in without driving myself crazy, it should be a big event this year... I'm thinking along the lines of some evening visits, I do live only a short distance from their, 15 minute walk...

In the back of my mind I'm cursing - at least a little - about this new contract position which is getting in the way :eek:

I do finally have the usual two day weekend back (16th/17th), the last two days of Stampede... After making the choice of the car weekend, I have a fear of missing out on too much Stampede, related to my documentary photography, which irks me, because I also want to be careful to pace myself with enough down time and not become a train wreck... Yet I know I will be hard on myself for not getting enough photos next week on what feels like an important year... Or maybe I'm overthinking that... Or maybe it's not as important as I'm thinking

Meantime my good friend, who is retired, has all the time in the world next week to photograph, when I have hardly any o_O What drives me? When most other co-workers will probably crash on the couch for a weekend, talking with a friend on the weekend the answer is passion, passion about life, passion about photography, but at what point should I reign myself in, or should I?

Last edited:
It’s great that you have a passion about cars and photography, but it is also important to keep your job.

Take the pressure off of yourself and I think you will have a better experience attending the event. Who knows, the quality of your pictures may improve as well.

It’s great that you have a passion about cars and photography, but it is also important to keep your job.

Take the pressure off of yourself and I think you will have a better experience attending the event. Who knows, the quality of your pictures may improve as well.

But if I don't go... Then I completely miss out... But I'll be careful about my job as well o_O

There is just so much going on over the next week, stuff that is important to me (regarding my photography, as shallow as that might sound, and my personal enjoyment)... And I feel like work is not cooperating with me (it isn't), and sabotaging my life o_O...

But I do want to be careful that I don't burn myself out in the process...

Last edited:
I did get out tonight for about an hour, one evening of Calgary Stampede photos, the night before the parade, of course I'm working tomorrow... I'm actually pacing myself, giving myself roughly a one hour time frame to be out, I could have been out far longer otherwise!

Calgary Stampede 03.jpg

I did get out tonight for about an hour, one evening of Calgary Stampede photos, the night before the parade, of course I'm working tomorrow... I'm actually pacing myself, giving myself roughly a one hour time frame to be out, I could have been out far longer otherwise!

View attachment 81279

Am I stupid for not realizing cowboy hats and cowboy boots are probably popular in Canada too? o_O
I know that you mentioned having them, but just now looking at your photo it registered that other people in Canada probably do too lol.

I always think of cowboy hats as more of an Oklahoma/Texas thing, and cowboy boots are popular where I live as well (but not so much cowboy hats) and so is country music. I know I mentioned to you that I used to have cowgirl boots too.
One of my friends showed me a picture recently of her friend getting married, and she was wearing a wedding dress and cowgirl boots, and there was a wedding photo of her and her husband on a tractor (I'm not being satirical, I promise) and I was just like... the hell? Is this common? Lol.

After I typed all that, when I was looking for something else to post here as an example, I came across a photo of some locals wearing cowboy hats lol!!!

213513928_317317463448432_2854391615905198540_n.jpg

...Anyway, sorry for my rambling, I was out with my friends all night and I'm not tired.

Am I stupid for not realizing cowboy hats and cowboy boots are probably popular in Canada too? o_O
I know that you mentioned having them, but just now looking at your photo it registered that other people in Canada probably do too lol.

I always think of cowboy hats as more of an Oklahoma/Texas thing, and cowboy boots are popular where I live as well (but not so much cowboy hats) and so is country music. I know I mentioned to you that I used to have cowgirl boots too.
One of my friends showed me a picture recently of her friend getting married, and she was wearing a wedding dress and cowgirl boots, and there was a wedding photo of her and her husband on a tractor (I'm not being satirical, I promise) and I was just like... the hell? Is this common? Lol.

After I typed all that, when I was looking for something else to post here as an example, I came across a photo of some locals wearing cowboy hats lol!!!

213513928_317317463448432_2854391615905198540_n.jpg

...Anyway, sorry for my rambling, I was out with my friends all night and I'm not tired.

For the ten days of Calgary Stampede many locals transform into western wear, not everyone... Then all the western wear disappears into the closet until next year... It's also not uncommon to see cowboy hats being worn outside of Stampede week, I myself wear mine all year... Being brief, heading off to work in a few minutes...

Here goes nothing... Just finished my Saturday work shift... Waiting for supper at Denny's... Inhaling coffee :). A two hour drive ahead of me, then classic car cruising... It will likely be hectic! Digging deep for energy...

New Threads

Top Bottom