• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bana_Boona

Hello, my fellow aspies. <3
My therapist and I are trying to figure out some coping techniques for when I encounter something new/a disruption in my daily routine. In the past, I've struggled a lot on vacations, and I want to be able to enjoy those experiences like the rest of my family can. Anxiety and sensory overload ruined Disney World and Pigeon Forge (Tennessee) for me.
Do you have anything you do to keep yourselves cool as a cucumber? Please let me know. :)

A flat tire ruined my day probably because somebody helped my flat tire at my new employment. Then my day was dragged by idiots at the tire place. l just took a deep breath, and said this will pass.

The serenity statement.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Meditating on that has helped me through many unexpected changes in routine.

New Threads

Top Bottom