• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trophy Points

Sportster

Aged to Perfection
V.I.P Member
Just curious, but are trophy points still being awarded? I was looking at the guidelines and perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems I should have more points since I've had so many featured threads, etc. It's not a big deal, but if it's still a feature it would be nice to be updated.

Last edited:
Just curious, but are trophy points still being awarded? I was looking at the guidelines and perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems I should have more points since I've had so many featured threads, etc. It's not a big deal, but if it's still a feature it would be nice to be updated.

Thanks

I do not know what constitutes points, but the process must be operational because I've been issued 8 as of late.

The trophy points appear to be the forum's answer to video game achievements (complete X, get points).

Thanks

You are right it is not a big deal. Trophy points have only imaginary value. You can't spend them. They won't make you more handsome or attractive. They will not make you smarter. And besides no one except you cares how many you have.:p

What? A box of Cracker Jacks with no prize? :eek:

It's a big deal to me :p

You are right it is not a big deal. Trophy points have only imaginary value. You can't spend them. They won't make you more handsome or attractive. They will not make you smarter. And besides no one except you cares how many you have.:p

Speak for yourself … they've made me smarter AND more attractive!! (I know, I've seen me)

:tonguewink:

Thanks

It wouldn't surprise me if it was an automated process.

Featuring a thread isn't automated though.

If I'm correct you only get awarded points for a feature thread ones. It's just getting points for the fact that a thread of yours ever got featured, rather than it being cumulative for every featured thread.

It would be nice if I could trade in trophy points for iced quad venti two pump vanilla lattes, light on the ice (with ice up to the plastic ridge above the top black line).

Kidding. Well, not really kidding... I mean, that would be nice. Maybe we can work on a corporate coffee company sponsor. That could be an interesting financial model for forums of various kinds: star/point accrual with no advertising, reinforcing support for certain well-moderated forums and thereby upping overall participation and then VIP numbers too probably. </end train of thought>

It would be nice if I could trade in trophy points for iced quad venti two pump vanilla lattes, light on the ice (with ice up to the plastic ridge above the top black line).

Kidding. Well, not really kidding... I mean, that would be nice. Maybe we can work on a corporate coffee company sponsor. That could be an interesting financial model for forums of various kinds: star/point accrual with no advertising, reinforcing support for certain well-moderated forums and thereby upping overall participation and then VIP numbers too probably. </end train of thought>

I do like the idea with the points system that would actually offer something. Not entirely sure what could be offered though. Mugs with my face on it? There's gotta be a market for that :p

But yes, a reward system might be nice, but perhaps there need to be more ways to get trophies/points first. I feel that the current system adds up points really fast and any active member can easily rack up a decent amount.

I'm not sure how much points one can get though, nor wouldn't I know what trophies I would be missing out on for not doing X or Y at the moment.

Trophy points continue to be awarded.

I got one today for 5 Year Membership.

New Threads

Top Bottom